Junie's Place: Poem: The Early Morning

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Poem: The Early Morning

This is another nature poem I wrote, many years ago.





The Early Morning


I love the early morning
when all the world is new.
The birds have just awakened,
the roses, kissed with dew.

I sit beside my window,
entranced, and very still,
and watch the birds come ‘breakfast’
upon my windowsill.

The garden is abundant,
in every shade and hue.
The grass appears much greener,
the sky, a deeper blue.

The air is fresher, somehow,
in early morning chill.
I cherish these few minutes,
when all the world is still.

I would keep these moments,
if only in my power.
This peaceful bliss I’d capture,
and keep it, hour on hour!

Alas! The day must follow
this time of solitude.
To have these fleeting minutes,
the rest I must include.


June Kellum

(written1973-Revised 2003)

June

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Congrats June, I knew you could do it, I'll give the new site a plug when I post next.
Nice poem, I look forward to lots more of them and photos too.
Holler if you need help.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Peter,

I didn't do anything different...It just started working! :)


....but I haven't figured out the pictures yet! Have to do that because I love to use pics...Got a digital camera and love to take pictures!

OH!! Congrats again on your 7000 mark! Fantastic!

June

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I loved this poem-- very well done :)

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks so much!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home