Junie's Place: Blue Angels!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Blue Angels!



OK
This is what we did:
Getting ready to ride!
( Charles and me by the new truck, but we went for a VICTORY ride!)

A WINDY ride today! LOL- good thing I'm not into fancy hair-dos!


We stopped and had a country-southern breakfast.
I had eggs, sausage, grits, and a biscuit and fried apples with cinnamon sticks!
The best of ALL was the GRITS! :)

We continued on to HERE:


Some things we saw...
Did Charles like those fancy purses- or what!!


















~~~~~~


Then, in the antique shop
next door I found THIS:
Blue Angels 1989-
Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, Ca
(framed and signed!)
I was not gonna leave without that framed poster
so I made a deal with C. to pay half the price and
he could pay half!
It was $50.00 total!
OK -I had to hold it (on the motorcycle)
the 40 plus miles back home - but I could do that!
I joked to Charles that if we crashed it would surely break!!
We made it safely home, in spite of my Tempting Fate!!


....but WAIT!!
There's more!! While Charles was cleaning
the glass of the picture, he decided to take it all
out so as to clean the inside too! When he did this
we find ANOTHER signed poster! This one is 1988-
the Blue Angels flying over USS Lexington at Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Fl.
(The HOME of The Blue Angels!)


It was such a coincidence, finding this framed picture,
since I have just recently become very interested in
the air shows of the Blue Angels around the country!
I was just last night reading about this!
Such a strange feeling, seeing that picture almost the first thing,
when I went in that store!
Isn't life strange?

I told Charles
"It's money well spent!"

He said, 'It's money 'Damn Sure' spent!"

LOL- but he's happy!!


Junie
(A GOOD DAY!!) :)

6 Comments:

At 12:38 AM , Blogger StringMan said...

What a great day! You guys must be quite a pair to behold on the road. I am impressed. And Blue Angels poster to boot. I'm a huge fan of them. I've seen them every time they are anywhere near the Northeast.

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jne ~~ Sounds like a great day that you and Charles had. And the Blue Angels look great, and how lucky to find the second picture.
Thanks for your comment and I loved your
grand-daghter's "Why do we have to smell the fireman's boots". That's priceless.
We have drives to get money but as far as I know they don't use their boots to
collect it. Take care, Merle.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Stringman,

Lol- well, we DO have fun riding-Hope we can continue for a while.

About the Blue Angels... I have never seen them but we probably will go up to see the air show in Pensacola,Fl in July!

I was THRILLED to find that print then to find a 2nd. one underneath!! WOW!

A good-fun- day!!

JunieRose

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Yes, a good day for C. and me.

Lol- but my back's a bit stiff today_ need to start me a walking program again!

Yes, what Alli said was so cute...I asked her permission to mention it here, BTW. She didn't mind!
Kids are just wonderful, in their innocence!

June

 
At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great find --two for the price of one. Only $25. a piece. Can't beat that Junie!

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks,

Yes- I'm thrilled with the pics. They will look great in my husband's den!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home