Junie's Place: 2 Guys I know and love

Thursday, October 12, 2006

2 Guys I know and love

Hi All,

Today our company left for home. It's about a 9 hour drive to their home in Alabama, so we were all up early. They left around 7:00 AM.

I took this picture of Charles and my brother, Ray, yesterday afternoon on our back porch!...Ya might say they are 2 wild and crazy guys -lol- for older gentlemen!
Lots of fun (Silly??) stuff always going on betweenn them!




We were all invited to my sister and brother-in-laws home for dinner last night! Had a good meal and a lot of conversation of the old days and our family! Ray is 13 & 16 years older than my sister, Joy, and me....so he knows a lot of family history that we are always interested in hearing! Had a good time! Stayed pretty late- until a normal bedtime for most people.

...but since I am not 'NORMAL' with my sleep habits I was up WAY later than the others in this house.

I had a couple hours of Moody Blues listening. Very Special- and it helped me relax when I finally DID try for sleep!...Had sweet dreams, too! ;)

Still-I have been tired all day and have done almost nothing!
SO -I suppose I will try for an early night tonight! Hopefully, get up feeling better tomorrow and ready to tackle the world!

YAH!!



Junie

6 Comments:

At 11:56 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I have always enjoyed hearing the older folks talk of early family history - the problem is that I am now one these older ones. :) ec

 
At 12:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

I know what you mean! I'm one of the older ones too! (1941)...Hard to believe but it's true!! I'm OLD! ;(

June

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Nice post! Go to bed early.

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ Lovely to have your brother to tell you of early family history. I hope you made notes, better still to tape these stories. Bit late now with my advice. You are not old, you are as young as you feel. I hope
you are getting more sleep. I don't drive any more, but that cruise control could save a life, by not using it in the wet. Take care, June, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Yes, my sis and I said it would have been nice to have a tape recorder...but we didn't think of it in time!

You see- our brother is much older than us (we being the babies :) ) and he knows a lot of stuff about the early years.. It was fun talking- or mostly, listening!

I'm still not sleeping well- in fact- I was up at 5:00 this morning (having gone to bed arlier than usual)

Thanks for asking about my sleep...It seems to be an unsolvable problem I'm having!

I'm so tired I think I will take a nap now.

Love,

Junie

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Lori,

I did go to bed early but didn't sleep well-

Thanks for coming by. I'll visit your place soon. Haven't had much time lately.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home