Junie's Place: A pretty Blue-Sky day!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A pretty Blue-Sky day!











Hey Folks,
It was a beautiful day here-with the sky that blue that I love to see. ...No gloomy grey today!!
The morning was pretty cool but by the time we got out and about it had warmed up nicely...and by the late afternoon I had to turn on the AC!

I had shopping to do and asked Charles to go with me, as I was not feeling up to the job alone! Besides- I had a plan for him to take me to Pizza Hut for lunch! Turns out, they had the buffet today! (Maybe they have the lunch buffet every day-I don't know. We don't go there very often!) ...When I have pizza I want a LOT of it! :) Got my fill today so won't be needing pizza for a while now! We enjoyed it!!

Went on to Wal-Mart to shop. Poor Charles hates shopping! I like to take my time when I go...and he expects me to be in and outta there in a few minutes! It doesn't work that way. I didn't even look at the music CDs today- in fact- bought only essentials!

I bought a pretty little half-size quilt.
( I love light wt. quilts...this one I might need in the future- if I finally decide to set up a small bed for myself...That ultra soft mattress we have is still trying to swallow me, every night!) Killer mattress!!

I did do some Valentine shopping for Charles! LOL- The store was overflowing with valentine stuff....bears, candy, flowers, cards... I wonder if Charles noticed?? :) Valentine's Day has never been one we celebrated that much! Maybe we should have...

~~~

Before we went out, I got some pics around our place. We are in our spring here- with the Wild Plum and the Red Bud trees in bloom-and the Azaleas! I love the dappled sunlight under the Oak tree!

Charles said,"Make a picture of your favorite man." :) I looked around and said, "Can't- he's not here!" (joke!) The first pic was not right so he took out his comb and said, "Let me comb the egg out of my beard!" LOL- (S O M!)… But I love him! I always compliment him on his beard! I tell him, " I ' would grow a beard if only I could!" ;)

Some pics of our day...and , for good measure, the Water Tower in our town!

I kinda wanted to take a ride to catch the sunset- but C. didn't take the hint ! Oh well- if we're lucky, we'll have many more sunsets together.

JUNIE

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The spring flowers looked great, I'm ready for them to be in our area as well but we are still a while away. ec

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,

Thanks for looking!

The RedBuds and those Plum Trees are so pretty- but are gone so quickly! It always makes me sad because they go so soon.

But every season has it's own beauty.


June

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wonderful pictures once again dear Junie!! Tell Charles he looks very handsome...I couldn't see the egg in his beard! lol Yes, Pizza Hut has a buffet lunch every day...my mom loves going there:-) How sweet that you bought Charles some Valentine goodies, I'm sure that will put a spark in his eye! hehe Hugs xox

 
At 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey the pics are wonderful...they look great...thanks for sharing these with us...and since Valentines Day is just next week i'd like you to visit my blog Valentines Day and check out all the wonderful resources i've posted there to wish all your loved ones all around!!!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Thank you for your story of Cashew and the seeing ete cat. I posted it tonight Thanks for your visits glad you liked The Bell, it was a nice one.
I am lad you and Charles had a nice day
and as usual some great photos. We all
seem to like Pizza Huts. My Dad used to love going there occasionally, and I do every now and then. Take care June, hope you are feeling quite OK again.
Love, Merle.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

;) Thanks for looking at our pictures and reading of our adventures here in Florida.

Lol- I'll pass on your compliment to Charles!
(I HOPE he didn't really have egg in his beard...he's always joking about his beard)

Take care, Pea. Keep warm and snug!

XOX

Junie

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

I thought you might like to post that story of the dog and cat, since it was along the same lines as the one of the blind horse that you posted. My friend, Bonnie sends me a lot of animal related things in emails.(she's a great animal lover)

I'll visit you later today. Always enjoy your posts!

Love,

Junie

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger TJ said...

I love your wee rock garden!!
:-D

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I found those pretty rocks at a yard sale in Alabama one year! I Love rocks! LOL- among a lot of other things!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home