Junie's Place: Hair!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hair!

Where have all the long curls gone??
Long time passing...

:) That old Peter, Paul and Mary song just popped in my head as I was making these pics of my new hair cut! (Well, with a twist, naturally!)


Before hair-cut











After hair-cut











OK...being silly again but that's better than depressed which I often am!
RIGHT?


Today I took the plunge and went and got my long locks trimmed. It has been a long time since I cut my hair at all! I'm not your usual modern day lady who frequents hairdressers. It's my least favorite thing to do!!

Really weird - I know!

Actually, I like my hair long, except in the summer when I have to use hair clips a lot to keep cool! That makes me have headaches!....so...finally I break through my resistance and just
go for it!

I don't like big changes in any part of my life. If something is comfortable I usually want to stick with it...That goes for almost everything in all parts of my life!

LOL- The only way getting old has been tolerable for me is that it has happened so gradually...
Imagine if it had happened suddenly!!! haha- I'd be in a tizzy! Lucky there's a good master plan in place, eh?

....And the part about trading my petite figure of my youth for this old bag I'm in now (ooops ...I meant to say this more mature shape) hasn't really been that bad either- because it happened gradually, so as to give me time to get settled in!












Then


Now


I
DO wish I could have kept my original medium brown hair, though. As I got older and the gray was taking over I began lightening my hair. The gray blends in better with the blonde. and I don't have to color it nearly as often as I would need to if I was trying to keep it my original color! (Does that make sense to anyone?)

...But-I
DO find that being blonde is fun! It's been a few years now and I'm quite in tune with it by now!

LOL- and let me tell you...having
Blonde Moments combined with Senior Moments is a force to be reckoned with! lol!




Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 7:55 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Love that Peter Paul and Mary song!
Your haircut looks real cute!
I bet it will be a lot cooler :)
xo

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yes, it is much cooler!

Thanks for coming over Susie.

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The hair looks cool - and will probably be much cooler to wear. I used to be a blonde - now I'm a none. :) ec

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi ec,

Yes- the hair cut is cooler and more comfortable for sure!

ec SAYS....
"I used to be a blonde - now I'm a none. :)"


LOL.... and I bet yours is even cooler than mine ;)

Junie

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

I like the new do!

I too have had long hair, well, forever. I think at my age I should cut it but can't make myself do it.
I do understand the blonde and gray combo. Trying to keep mine strawberry blonde and long is a job.
I love the blonde/senior moments statement - too funny!

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie. I like your new hair cut,and will be much better for you to manage in the hot summers..I had mine cut short 6 years ago when we used to caravan ing north for winter to warmer weather. much easier to handle and No more long hair for me...

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hair, I wish I had me some.

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I like the new hair cut. I, too, hate to go to the beauty shop. I put it off until my hair is in really bad shape.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) AC

Funny!

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all you girls, for coming by.

Will visit you all soon.


Junie

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OH!


To Carletta...


You have very pretty, long hair and I understand your reluctance in cutting it !

I'm the same way when mine gets longer...I like it but just get weary of trying to deal with it! :) Of course, this cut I have is NOT short -just a little shorter- which suits me fine for now.


Junie

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Your new cut looks great,and Junie I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it also makes you look younger like a Spring Chicken!! :)

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, Sally!

LOL- No, I don't mind at all, looking like a spring chicken! Ha! That was the look I was going for! :)

Take care of yourself Sally!


Junie

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I love your new haircut! It makes you look so much younger (well not that you looked old before...heck, you know what I mean! lol) and it must feel so much lighter as well. It really suits you at this length!! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home