Junie's Place: About those stuffed peppers...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

About those stuffed peppers...


(Ruby Tuesday below this post )









Several people commented on the stuffed peppers so I thought I'd put the recipe here if anyone wants to try it!

I HAVE done it exactly this way ...but I often change things around when I'm cooking...

For example I like to cook my rice separately and add it to the other mixtures before stuffing the peppers.

I also like to use Ro*tel tomatoes for the added zest it gives, so sometimes use those instead of regular canned tomatoes!

Any shredded cheese can be used but I prefer Cheddar for this! (I like lots of cheese!)

Ground turkey or ground chicken can be substituted for ground beef!







(Click to enlarge)




Enjoy!


Junie Rose

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:58 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Bill loves stuffed peppers and your recipe has almost exactly the same ingredients as mine. However I never precook the meat mixture. I just let it bake inside the pepper cups..
Saves one extra step!
xo

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm tempted. They sure do look good.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Thanks Junie!! These look Wonderful!! Hope all is well with you!!hughugs

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, guys and gals, for visiting!

I really like those peppers once in awhile-and peppers are good for you!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home