Junie's Place: Spring is 'Getting On With It!'

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring is 'Getting On With It!'










I decided I better get out and grab a little bit of spring while I could- so with camera in hand I got Charles to do the spring thing with me !

The Azaleas, Wisteria and Cherokee Rose are just fantastic this year!...Took me by surprise, as it-seemingly-happened overnight!
The wildflower meadow by our house is looking good too!

The meadow is especially dear to me, as Mom,
Alli and I always enjoyed the wildflowers together! Is there anything sweeter than having a child you love surprise you with a bunch of flowers, sometimes with roots and all! :) Nothing I know of!


I love spring but it's over in a flash here! The WildPlum and Redbud trees are almost over, as are the Dogwood!

Some pics from our spring day!

The dark pink blooms are the Azaleas

The lavender blooms are Wisteria.

The white are the Cherokee Roses.
(A plant we dug up along side the road.
It just takes over. It's now into the high oak trees!
It only blooms in March but is SOO WORTH IT!)

...And of course, the wildflowers of my meadow -' PHLOX.'
Our house faces south and this is the side which faces east.

Junie

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:43 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~ Your Spring flowers look lovely. I have Wisteria, azalias and
some roses. My favourite is Double Delight. Your Cherokee Roses look great and you and Charlie look nice also.Glad you likes jokes. Hope you managed to create a link. Cheers, Merle.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

So cool you have some of the same flowers I do!

Oh, I LOVE roses-that's why I added Rose to my screen name here! Last summer I had over a hundred bushes but some have died from neglect over the past year! I just get too much stuff going and can't keep up! I plan to do some work on them all tomorrow! I know Double-Delight! I have one of those...hope it's still ok!

No- haven't tried to link again- but I'm not too worried about it. I don't need it often and anyone can copy and paste if they want to check out something I mention in a post!

BTW- these flowers I put on are on our property, but in the yard of the rental house- not right in my yard-although I DO have Azaleas and Wisteria planted here too! We have almost 5 acres -the rental house is at the back of our place!

JunieRose

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Kyle,

Our spring is very fleeting here- We'll be into summer ,
Probably, before you are into spring! :)

Junie

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Can't beat Spring June, pity it's short lived in Florida and Queensland.

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Yes, Spring is lovely but too soon gone! :)
...and I dread our long, hot summers!
I suppose your climate is much like ours here!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home