Junie's Place: My husband- the funny guy

Monday, March 13, 2006

My husband- the funny guy





My husband –the funny guy!


Awhile back, as I was looking through some photos of my bearded husband, I remarked to him how he looked a lot like that writer…..ahhh- ahhh…and the name didn’t come to me…
So I said,’ You know, that old guy in Key West…Tennessee Williams??

;) Of course it wasn’t Tennessee Williams , but ‘Ernest Hemingway,’…who’s name eluded me!

Since then my husband has teased me constantly about that…That ‘ old man in Key West’ part got him more than the mistaken name, I think!!

;) Hey, at least I didn’t say Truman Capote!

Yesterday I was looking up info on these writers and, indeed, Charles Does look like ‘That Old Man in Key West!’
I was remembering the Hemingway Look-A- Like Contests that have been held in Key West. I remember reading about them when we lived in Miami, all those years!

I say to Charles…”I’m surprised we never participated in all that when we lived down there!

…And he says to me….”I’m not surprised at all! … You didn’t look that much like him then!!”

Oh, my! FUNNY!

Lucky for him he married a girl who has a good sense of humor! :) Or one who has become immune to BS over all these years!

Now!

You tell me which of us looks more like HEMINGWAY!


Junie

Mar.13, 2006

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Mr Moonlight said...

...... or Sebastian Cabot ... or even Orson Wells .....

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Mr Moonlight said...

..... or this one, Ulysses S. Grant ... or this Woild Famous Celebrity :)

B-bu-b-b-but the Hemingway one is quite striking, indeed!

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

B-bu-b-b-but the Hemingway one is quite striking, indeed!<<<


LOL- you mean ME or my husband??


Junie

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Skye said...

That's hilarious, Junie! Your husband IS a funny guy!

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yes, Skye , he can be very funny!

We have a lot of fun together.

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Woild Famous Celebrity :)<<<

checked out that world Famous celebrity site!

:) I like it!!

Always have been a 'Santa' person!

Juniper Rose

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Yep, Charles and Ernest could be brothers...especially in the photo you posted. Charles may look like him, but it looks like you're the writer in the family. Cheers to you...and your funny guy.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Yes, Joy, but he gives me a lot of material to work with!

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Teamwork is important June.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Absolutely right, Peter.

We will celebrate our 45th. anniversary in April, so I guess our teamwork has been figured out!

(some lyrics from my favorite singer, Dan Fogelberg)

Hard to Say

...It's never easy
And it's never clear
Who's to navigate
And who's to steer
.....

Thanks for your visit!

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

That's funny ;D

But I have to say the fellow standing next to the flowering bush looks more like Hemingway, and a little bit like Denver Pyle ;)

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Denver Pyle!

Hmmm- never thought of that-but yer right!

:) thanks for your visit, Carolyn. Hope things are well in your world today!

I'm going right now to see what you're up to! :)

Junie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home