Junie's Place: Music stuff!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Music stuff!!




First off -

I was told by a ' Beatles' friend that this CD I have of McCartney is NOT very good!
That it can't compare with what he did as part of THE BEATLES!

Lol! ... Could have fooled me!
I enjoyed it! And isn't that what you look for when listening to music- just to enjoy!

I wasn't thinking of it in terms of ' Beatles vs. McCartney' - but taking it- song by song -and loving it?

Oh, well !
...but then-I'm a new fan of Beatles AND McCartney! :) and didn't go through what the hard core Beatles fans did with the break-up of the group!

SO-in the eyes of true Beatles fans, NONE of them (John, Paul, George, Ringo) ever measured up, individually, to what they were as a group!

No matter- I still love some of these songs...Especially- 'With a Little Luck' and 'My Love!'

So there!! :)

~~~~~~~~~

On another musical note:

This is a picture of my granddaughter, Alli, with her newest discovery in her music world! He is Teddy Geiger, a talented young singer, songwriter and guitarist!

Alli and her mom went to see him in concert this weekend, in West Palm Beach. Alli was thrilled that she got to meet him and get some photos with him!

Alli is a guitar player, too!


Ginga

(Junie)

11 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I know what you mean. When groups break apart and go separate ways, their individuality comes out and we compare them to what they were as a whole. It takes a bit to get used to them again :)

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) That's true, Carolyn.

But Beatles fans never got over it-the break-up- and I don't think any of them(Beatles) ever measured up in the eyes of fans! A shame, really!

I think it's easier for me- not having been that much into BEATLES or any particular music, over the years, to just enjoy McCartney's music for what it IS - not to compare it to what it could have been as part of The Beatles!

LOL! Had a lively discussion about all this with my friend last night!

Junie

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Adorable pictures of Alli! She looks pretty happy with that guitar...and Teddy.

So glad you're enjoying your McCartney CD...that's all that matters. I've loved the Beatles since they came on the scene, but I've also loved their work as solo artists...to each his own.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)
Yes, Alli is a happy girl at this point in her life - age 15!

She's getting good with the guitar playing, too!

Junie

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I like the Beatles - individually or together.

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

Yes - I do to!

In the past couple years I have bought MOST of their music in CDs (Beatles)
I am just now starting to get into the POST Beatles years!

My favorites of the Beatles songs seem to be McCartney's ...so I guess it follows that I would like his solo work too!

Thanks for your visit.

Junie

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Junie,

Have you ever listened to Paul McCarthy and Wings a group he had started after he left the Beatles? I thought the music he had did with Wings was some of his best work.

Your Gina is a very pretty girl, how goos a guitar player is she?

Janice~

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

What a beautiful grand daughter you have, and talented too.

The Beatles still have the ability to stir people up, even after all this time.
They really did have a huge impact, and still do.

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks! Alli is our only grand daughter. She's 15 (our youngest of the grands) and has always been very special.

Oh,Yes- about the Beatles!
They had a huge impact on the music world!

I listen to their music often.

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Janice,

I am just now exploring the Post Beatles music . I don't have any of Paul McCartney and Wings, but want to get some CDs soon .Don't know if I know any of it.

That's my granddaughter, Allison (Alli). She hasn't been playing her guitar long, but is pretty good, and is very interested in doing it, so she's improving all the time.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home