Junie's Place: Poem: Steps To The Rest Of My Life

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Poem: Steps To The Rest Of My Life


Steps To The Rest Of My Life



Today I’ll pause
on the way to tomorrow,
and I’ll reflect
on yesterday.
I’ll examine the reasons
for my pain and my sorrow.
Determine what debts
I must pay!
I’ll retrace the steps
that led me to this-
this cold place of darkness
and fear!
…And I’ll slay the dragons
- if they still exist -
and the demons
which invited me here!
I’ll leave them in ashes
and never look back.
Get rid of the pain and the strife!
I’ll tentatively take
my first steps to the future-
those steps to the rest of my life!


June Kellum
Feb.2004

5 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Junie, this is a WONDERFUL poem. I love it. The picture is a perfect fit. I think everyone would associate with what you've written. Thanks.

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

Some might find it a little depressing- but I think we have all been there, at one time or another.

Junie

 
At 3:38 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ The poem is beautiful and it
can apply to all of us sometime.
I do hope you are not in pain of any kind. The picture is great also. Thanks
Take care June, Merle.

 
At 3:42 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi again June ~~ Forgot to say thanks for your visit. We can all claim to be a work of art ~ who's to argue.
There are quite a few of us night owls,
it is nice and peaceful then. Cheers, Merle.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit, Merle,

The poem , I think, can apply to all of us.
Sometimes we need to stop and think about things as we go along-
down that 'Long and Winding Road' of life!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home