Junie's Place: Today has been...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today has been...




Today has been one of those days- long and boring-boring-boring!

To make things worse- in fact- probably the whole problem- I have had a lot of back pain and leg pain today! Didn’t feel like doing anything. I got out for a little bit and watered the roses and made a few photo shots- but my heart wasn’t in it- you can tell!
And walking around was not fun, since I had to force my feet to move forward!

We need rain so badly! The yard is turning into a desert!
The birds were even absent from my place the past day or so!

WOE-WOE-WOE!

Out of pure desperation, yesterday, I started cleaning out our closet! I hate the jumbled, overstuffed mess it’s in! No room to hang clothes anymore!

Problem is, Charles and I are both packrats. We never want to get rid of anything… We both have clothes going back to the 60s! REALLY! We are both sentimental about things- and think the kids/grandkids might be interested in our past lives! In fact-they have been and over the years the boys have picked through Charles’ old shirts, hats, etc.
They think they’re cool for a while…wear them home-and then we never see them used again! And the same with some of the things I’ve saved…well my Dan Fogelberg Tee shirt (from the 70s) got worn out of here- never to be seen again! So did my ‘Eat More Chicken’ Tee! ;) I wish I had DAN back! (Not that I could wear a size small Tee these days but heck, I could make a pillow-top for my bed out of it! Sadly, though, it is gone! So are the little Girl Scout dresses I saved from my kids.

Can you believe this?? I have baby clothes from all my kids and their baby teeth in little jars somewhere! (Had to bribe the Tooth Fairy to get those!) Also- little strands of blonde hair from my little girls! Same with the grandkids, too!

I’m hopeless! No wonder I feel so lost these days, with the kids all grown and gone!

I came across the dress I got married in- 45 years ago! :) ... A little pink printed dress and I DO mean little! It is size 7!! LOL- I should frame that and hang it on my wall… or perhaps donate it to a ‘Believe It Or Not Museum’, along with one of my present garments!
LOL!! It would AMAZE!

Some garden shots:

BTW- listening to the wonderful Dan Fogelberg tonight!


Junie
May30, 2006

18 Comments:

At 11:05 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I'm not a pack rat but my hubby more than makes up for it. I threaten him with bonfires.

Oh well, he could be doing worse things and after almost 17 years, I'm used to it.

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Well, I wish both Charles and I could just let go of stuff- but we find it hard to do!

Oh, well, It IS fun looking back on the past!

lol- I just need a bigger house!

You collect a lot of STUFF when you live as long as we have!

I've noticed, too, when ppl get divorced they tend to throw everything out- start out with a clean, new slate!

:) but that's a little drastic at this stage in our lives!

Junie

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Frame that dress. It is a treasure!!!

My kids would probably think some of those clothes you have are so cool. They are into the retro look, so it is true that styles always come back around into being trendy again.

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

:) Yah- those little dresses ARE pretty cool! I'm gonna keep them another 25 years or so! :)
Maybe I'll make some pics of them to post here!

Funny- when I was young I always thought I was too fat! lol- that dress must have about a 22 inch waistline!

J.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Junie. I have ALL the same stuff, right down to all the baby teeth. The one thing I DID manage to get rid of...finally....was a lot of my old clothes from years ago. It was hard, but one day I just bit the bullet and bagged them up. I've done that a few times. The Purple Heart Veterans just love me. Where does it all come from Junie?

 
At 3:36 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I hope your pain has eased
by now. You did well to even think of
cleaning out closets with the pain.
I keep lots of things too, but nowhere
as much as you.
Thank you June for your concern for Ash
He is being fed by tube in hospital.
I hope they can find the problem and solve it. Take care, Merle.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I'd love to see a picture of your wedding dress, Junie, if you ever get the chance. :)

Feel better!

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

My wedding dress was not what you would expect, but just a simple little dress.
We did not have a 'Wedding'...got married in the court house- just the 2 of us and thr clerk!
LOL- but it worked out ok!

Junie

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Thanks for visiting.

Yes, it's always so sad to know of young people having health problems. I hope things are looking better for your friend, by now.

I am still not feeling well, so will just have to take it easy for a few days.

Still have things to go through with my closet mess but did manage to bag up one big bag of clothes so made a little progress!

June

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,
I've just been catching up with everyones posts. Love your poem for Peter, seems it's the first one he has had. He has written lots for other people over the years.

Hope your pain has gone. Love your rose.
hugs jacqui

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

:)

Well I did manage to bag up one big bag- so I'm encouraged.

I remember you mentioning before that you are a keeper of stuff- like teeth etc...
Funny- my girls didn't take after me in that way! (probably good!!)

Junie

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

Good to see you back. Hope you had a satisfactory trip.

Yes, it seems that Peter had a really nice birthday- with the family surprises!

When I got word from Marcus about the birthday I just decided to do a little poem for him...one of those quick little things that just came together-seemingly- on it's own! haha-

Wow-Peter sure seems well liked in the blogging world here!


I'm happy you enjoy my garden pics I post here!

I'm still not feeling so well, so will not be doing much until I feel better.

Have a good day,

Junie

 
At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am married to a pack rat. He has everything in storage and I hope I never have to go through all of it. What a job that will be.

I have learned to take a photo of each precious item (like boy scout shirts) before sending them off to Goodwill. Therefore, I have tons of memory books, but not too many actual clothes and memorabilia.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Maria,

I have the memory books too. But it is fun, too, to actually have some of the items that are in the pictures we take!

lol- I know I can't have it both ways...a neat house AND all the memorabilia.

But I keep trying!

June

 
At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Moody Blues Tour tee shirt finally got so full of holes that I had to throw it out. Really broke my heart for at least five minutes. I won't ever find another like that!

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL_ five minutes!! I've been grieving over my Fogelberg shirt loss for YEARS now!

haha-

Junie

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Hi June, so the poem was a five minute write itself one, and here I was thinking you had gone to a lot of trouble!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Peter,

Sometimes good things just come easy!!
Would you rather know I had agonized over it-serching for good things to say?

:)

JunieRose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home