Junie's Place: Another HOT day !

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another HOT day !

...another very hot day shaping up here...already past 80 on my screened back porch and probably will reach 100 before the day's end!

Did I ever say how much I dislike summers here?? Well I do!

Early spring fills me with grand ideas of the perfect rose and flower garden but by this time...just the beginning of summer...I realize how hopeless all my plans are! I'm defeated by the relentless heat!

And just to survive- mostly indoors- I pay a huge electric bill! Would you believe $457.00!!! I just got that one yesterday-the higest ever!

LOL- OK- will catch you guys later when I'm in a better mood!


Junie

~~~~~~

a poem from last summer...




Little Spider


Little spider, I’ll let it be-
this woven web of gossamer lace.
Threads of softest gold, I see…
just barely there, but in their place!

In my garden’s corner, here,
you’ll be safe, not in the way,
of garden hose, or trimming shears.
So in this spot, I hope you’ll stay.

I see mosquitoes, hanging there…
entrapped within your web of gold.
And there are bugs, almost your size!
I wonder how you are so bold!

Some are consumed. Just outer shells,
identifying what was there!
How strong, your trap of silky gold,
that has the look of angel hair!


June Kellum
2005

11 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~Sorry you are feeling the heat
It saps your energy doesn't it?
Glad you liked Later than you Think. It
was popular as a lot of us feel that way. As for small print, I give up on some blogs because they are hard to read
The spider poem is good too.
Take care June, Merle.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

We're getting some more rain today so maybe it will cool off a little! The hot weather really bothers me these days!

LOL- but I know extreme cold would be worse!

:) I'm just hard to please!

June

 
At 4:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

Cute kitties and nice poem.

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Ann,

Hope things are well in your world today.

Junie

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie, sorry to hear how hot it is there, I too loathe the heat.

Love you poem, but not too happy about seeing the spider, I am terrified of them, Peter had a poist about spiders too, I'll probably have nightmares now, lol.

hugs jacqui

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Sorry about the spider!

Thanks for reading my poems!

Junie

 
At 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home