Junie's Place: Beatles Music and Masks!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Beatles Music and Masks!









Today was spent with family happenings. We had a nice gathering of 2 daughters, one son-in-law and 2 grandkids- and Charles and me!
The others were missed! I thought of each one and wished they were with us!
Chris was working- so was Dan...and Marc is back on the road, driving long distance for Crete!
Brian was away for the weekend, playing with a band around the state!

**Brian has finished a CD of his songs! They sound very good to me.** I played the cd several times yesterday and today and like it better each time I hear it!
(a few songs are on his Myspace website-see my side bar!)

Alli and Zach had a lot of fun together yesterday and last night and today! I'm happy they had this time together. They have always been close! They went to a music show here in town, then were up late, here, watching videos. It was a little like old times, with 2 grandkids sacked out on my floor! :)

~~~
Last night...
I played my Beatles music while the kids did their thing with their own music choices! I listened to 'Magical Mystery Tour' and 'Abbey Road.' I hadn't played either of those in awhile! I was reminded by playing both of these CDs of all the 'PID CLUES' in the song titles and words of some of the songs and even on the cd/album covers! PID=Paul is Dead- a rumor that was rampant for awhile! :) Not having been much into music in those early days, this is all new stuff to me...All the clues are fun to look for in the music!...:) Truth be told- Beatles fans could see clues in almost any combination of words! :) Seriously, it was believed by lots of fans that Paul had been killed in a car wreck...and I guess the Beatles played along with this for awhile because there are many subtle, and some not so subtle, clues in a lot of the songs!

WHY? Just part of the Mystique of the Beatles, I've been told! ;)

~~~

Today...
we heard stories from both daughters about their recent trips...Tina and Alli to Italy and Greece, including a cruise ; Tam and her family recently made a trip to NYC! No pictures yet, though!

These are some fun pictures of Alli and Zach today. These are some masks Alli bought on the trip!

It was a fun day!

Junie
Aka Ginga

10 Comments:

At 11:29 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Great looking masks.

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yah!
The kids like those things!

I felt like I was smothering when I tried it on!
Had it on just a minute!

Junie

 
At 1:06 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Sounds as though you all had fun, which is great. That come out from under the bed joke was popular.
Take care, Merle.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,
It's so good to have the family around, I just love it when mine come here, or we go to them, these times are so precious.
hugs jacqui

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Peter said...

I prefer the Beatles to the Who personally.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Peter,

If I want just Loud and Wild Rock music then it's 'Who' time! :)

...but Beatles I could listen to everyday and never get bored with the music!

June

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for coming!

Yes, family times are the best! We who have families are the lucky ones.


Junie

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for visiting.

Yes, we had a very nice visit with the kids yesterday.

Today it's raining but I won't complain . We need the rain!
...but it makes a gloomy day!

June

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoyed catching up a bit on your blog.
I'm sure your kids had wonderful stores to tell about their trips. Visiting Italy and Greece would be so wonderful. I'd really like to do that someday.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

Thanks for coming over to Junie's Place.

Yes, it was a thrill for my daughter and granddaughter to go on that trip! :) Last summer they went to China!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home