Junie's Place: More Cowboy Stuff... ( Post # 2 Aug.27-06 )

Sunday, August 27, 2006

More Cowboy Stuff... ( Post # 2 Aug.27-06 )

~~~~~ I'm mad as an old wet hen- because the long post I had ready was lost!!
...I was misled! NOTHING is trouble free!! Things still get screwed up in this world of computers and blogging- High-Speed or not!!!
Will try again but I'm sure this second post won't come near to being the entertaining gem the first one was!...It's lost forever...out there somewhere...

Oh, well!!

~~~

Awhile ago I went with Charlie to see, yet, another bull he's decided to buy! This is a full blooded Black Angus, just what C. has been hoping to find at a price he can afford! And-yes, it's a good looking bull! And already mature-much bigger than Bubba- the one we just bought!

....sooo- here we are now with 3 bulls when all we really need on this little farm is ONE bull who is able to get the job done!

As it looks now, 'Bo' definitely is on the way out. As we speak, C. is down corralling him to take him to the cattle auction , which is held every Monday! :( He will probably sell for more $$ than we're paying for the new bull!

I'm surprised at Chas' determination in replacing Bo...because BO still is producing calves...Well maybe he DOES miss an opportunity-now and then...BUT.....still... :( It's a fact, C. is fond of Bo too...He's doing what he thinks is best! I just hope he won't regret letting the old guy go!

The plan is to have the 2 younger bulls in separate pastures-dividing the cows between them. Of course Bubba will have fewer cows , as the area he's in is much smaller! However- Bubba will get the young girls! :)

The new bull is named 'Midnight!' He's jet black- thus- the name! Not very original! ( Duh!)

Here he is!!

'Midnight'


Junie

11 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger TJ said...

It's not your high speed Miz Junie...we've all had problems with blogger all day...when blogger is good it is very very good and when it is bad it is horrid!!!

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

yah-I know Blogger can be troublesome sometimes!

:) but I just hate it when I lose a long post and have to do it over...


Junie

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

When I want to be writing a long post, I type it into a Notepad file, then do a Save, Copy, and Paste.
This also works well for when I get called away, or want to make sure I have the phrases just right before publishing the post.

The bull Midnight looks right at home.
My dad's black cat was named Midnight. 17 years old when she passed away.

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger TJ said...

now mrsdof has a right good idea there!!
:-D

 
At 8:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

mrsdof,

I usually DO write my posts into the word program before posting...but not always. This was one of those times I didn't!

Yes, I'm sure Midnight will work out fine! :) We had a poodle named 'Midnight'- many years ago.

Thanks for coming to Junie's Place. Hope you'll come again.

Junie

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Oh, I've been here reading awhile.
I found you through Momma's Corner, and have seen your Comments at Silver Fox Whispers.

The last time I went through my Bookmarks, I had to remove some folks who haven't updated in awhile, so I decided Junie's Place could be quite interesting.
I mean, anybody who is a fan of Dan Fogelberg has gotta be a friend of mine.
It's the only blog I've seen pictures of a bull in the pasture, anyway!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh,my!!!

A Dan Fan!

You've won my heart!! :) He's the greatest!

Junie

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Skye said...

"Mad as an old wet hen" is the funniest expression I think I've ever heard, Junie! I laughed out loud! I'm really sorry about your post, though... I've had that happen before with Blogger, and it's utterly infuriating! It always happens with the BIG, LONG posts, too!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Well, I guess that's an expression that originated in the south, because I've always heard it.

It doesn't make much sense,though, because HENS just walk around in the rain and don't seem to be bothered that much by getting wet!

The expressin- "Doesn't have enough sense to get in out of the rain!"- would better apply to hens! :) IMO

Junie

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Peter said...

That's a lotta bull June!!!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yep- Only problem is -we don't have him yet! (the owner hasn't been available to help load him up for Charles)

AND -BO has been sold!

So we are without a bull- except for that young one!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home