Junie's Place: 70's Music! (Alice Cooper) :)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

70's Music! (Alice Cooper) :)


Yesterday was my shopping day, as I was out of some essentials such as Beggin’ Strips, (for the girls) TylenolPM, (for me) and bologna and crackers (for Charles) :) and a few other things…
Funny how you think you need only a few things then get in the store and see a bunch of stuff you need… and end up spending $200.00 +++. Never fails!

I usually go through the music, movie and camera department. Yesterday’s walk through there took me to some camera bags. I had been meaning to buy one and found a nice Samsonite one, just right for my needs! I want to take good care of my camera! I wouldn’t want to be without one! No way!

Looking through CDs I found this collection of Classic 70’s. The picture shows the artists and songs included! I missed a lot of music in the 70’s, so a lot of this was not familiar to me…well, the sound was, but I had not done much matching of songs to names in the past. If I heard a song I hadn’t bothered to identify what group it was!

~~~As I may have mentioned before, Dan Fogelberg had captured my attention (and heart) early in the 70’s and all the rest fell by the wayside for me! ( Lol- Not a bad trade-off, though!)~~~

…Still … recently, I have had this desire to hear the music I missed over the years!

Truth be told - the name Alice Cooper caught my attention first on this CD! I had recently viewed some videos on YouTube and found this artist/band quite interesting, in a bizarre way! I had never owned any Alice Cooper music at all! Now I have this one song in this collection! (School’s Out) Alice Cooper has lasted through the years and still performs! His music and stage act are done in a ‘tongue in cheek’ manner and I don’t find it at all offensive - just fun! ;) …(It’s like reading a Stephen King book or watching a scary movie for me…but with fantastic music added!)

Searching the web, I came across some photos of Alice Cooper taken at a recent performance! Still in action after all these years! :)











Enjoy!


Junie






Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:18 PM , Blogger TJ said...

I see he still ain't got not prettier...lol!!
:-D

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol!

....well- but I've heard,"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!"


Maybe that's the case with Vincent Furnier who became known as Alice Cooper.

The history of this band is interesting!

Junie

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

My older brothers both were big Alice Cooper fans way back when he was in his hey days and I remember taking their records to play while they were gone! lol School's Out was always one of my favourites and it's amazing that he's still going strong and that new young fans are just now discovering him! Hugs xoxo

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea,

;) well I'm glad SOMEBODY else around here likes Alice Cooper!

Not that I'm such a huge fan- but I've had fun getting into his music-and watching some videos! Have a friend who likes him a lot so that's how I got into the music. LOl- all that weird stuff is just entertainment! I'm not offended by it!

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Granny said...

That's the first time I've ever heard his real name. Interesting.

Not a big fan of Alice but I do love the Eagles. I like the softer stuff.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

The history of Alice Cooper is interesting! That was originally the name of the band. ('Alice Cooper') Eventually, people started calling 'Furnier'- Alice Cooper. He had his name legally changed to Alice Cooper - if I'm remembering right!

Oh well- Eagles are great! I've loved them through the years!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home