Junie's Place: My shopping day!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

My shopping day!


Today I had to shop for groceries and other things.

It seems every year about this time, if I see African Violets where I shop- I can't resist buying a few! The colors are so varied and spring-like! And they don't cost a lot-plus they are easy to grow!
~~However-I managed to let all mine die, from dire neglect, this winter! :( ~~
All the more reason why I just had to get a few to get me in the spring mood! I like to put them in different colored and shaped baskets and decorate for spring and Easter!

Here are the ones I got today! Pretty, huh!!

~~~~~~

Also-I got this Sarah McLachlan 'Afterglow Live' CD and DVD.
I have most-if not all of these songs on other CDs but wanted this live CD. Haven't viewed the DVD yet but have played the CD-and it is sooo very good!






Sarah is tops with me!

I hope I am able to see her in concert again!

~~~


~~~some lyrics from 'I Will Remember You' ~~these lyrics touch me so deeply~ so sad~~~


..I’m so tired but I can’t sleep
Standin’ on the edge of something much too deep
It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard

But I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories...


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

There is a scene in the movie AMISTAD where Anthony Hopkins is talking about African violets.
Every time I see a likely little plant, I remember the way his hand touches the leaf with such tenderness.
I'm so glad it was a nice scene, and the memory is a good one.

I've neglected to death every plant which has ever come into the house.
Not counting the planter stolen off the front porch early one summer.

Sarah M has some nice songs, but I think her voice is a bit nasally. I don't own any of her albums.

All the Eats you've had lately sure look tasty. I need to get over my winter blahs and take some nice pictures.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger someone else said...

The flowers are so pretty. They make me long for spring and the popping up of crocuses and tulips. I'm so ready for warmer weather and spring flowers!

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've always loved African Violets and they come in such pretty colours too! My gran used to always have some growing in pots all over her home...they bring back so many wonderful childhood memories:-) Hugs xox

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie
love your African Violets and such lovely colours. I used to grow them for many years used to start new plants from a leaf,when I was in Melbourne, I gave them all away when we retired. then we used to holiday for 4 months of the year.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Like Pea, my Grandma always had African violets growing. I've never had good luck with them, but I love the memories of them.
Your seafood platter looks delish!
:)

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks-all you girls for visiting!
(Diane, Pea, Morning Glory, Jeanette, and Susie)

I guess we all love the African Violets! THESE I'm gonna try and keep growing and blooming!


(HUGS)

Junie

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Great colors on the African violets, almost doesn't look real - beautiful! ec

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ec!

They are very pretty and bright!

Junie

 
At 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Junie, I got the flowers and the special pots so that you don't get water on the leaves, and the food to feed them and they still die on me. I love their beauty but they don't like me. So the special pots sit empty in the basement but I will try again some day!

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

...I know the frustration!....but - sometimes I've had them live and bloom for years! (African Violets)


:) Let's just keep trying! Their beauty is worth it! Besides - they ARE inexpensive.

I'll let you know how mine are doing, now and then!

Junie

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Pretty, pretty violets too!!!

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

YES! I love them! Hope I can keep them blooming!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home