Junie's Place: Some of my days

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Some of my days





Sunday:


Sunday, Charlie and I went for a VICTORY ride.

The last time we were out to visit with Mom we discovered the flowers I had taken out in early December had, apparently, blown out of the single brass vase they allow on the grave markers...That made me sad and so I decided to take her spring flowers a little earlier than I normally would have! Mom loved spring and I know she would love these pretty flowers.

After that we decided to ride to Gainesville, about 40 + miles from where we were... It was pretty chilly riding but fun. We like to go to "Hogan's Heros" for their delicious sandwiches! (The best Hogies ever!)

We had thought we might time it just right to catch the sunset on the way back but we were a little early...and it was getting colder as we made our way back home so we didn't wait! We did stop at the Paynes Prairie Preserve a few miles south of Gainesville. I always like to stop there and go out on the boardwalk they have for observing the wildlife. Sometimes we have seen alligators and snakes-turtles and frogs- spiders...lots of birds! We saw only birds this time!

Pics :

Flowers for Mom
and the rest of our ride...
(Click to enlarge)







~~~~~~










Monday:

Monday we had a luncheon/gathering with some Old Retired Cops and wives! :) Charles gets offended if they are called cops! Personally, I think that is an accepted term these days and is not disrespectful! (At least, I don't mean it to be!)
Ok - we'll say,"Retired Police Officers!" ... But we can't take offense to the 'OLD', can we!! ;)


Some pics of the group - and one of JunieRose with some roses- (after our return home)








Tuesday:

Today I spent 3 plus hours in my dentist's chair getting 2 more teeth crowned!

After this and what I spent on my teeth last year I must have the most expensive mouth around!

Does that mean people will pay more attention to what comes out of my mouth!...Didn't seem to have any effect on that last time...although it did have an effect on what came out of my husband's mouth! (last time!) So far- this time - he has had no adverse effects from this event-and the $$$ involved!

Maybe he just decided he really doesn't want to have a toothless wife! ;)

~~~
***Breaking News***

This just in...

A new calf born to May, one of our youngest cows. This little girl calf is silvery-white and very furry. We've never had one to look anything like this one! She's big and healthy looking! Charles named her 'Silver Bell!' Isn't she a cutie!!



A sad note:

Charles finally made the decision to sell Bubba(the bull we bought a while back). He just didn't work out! He was so timid he wouldn't mingle with the herd at all and had to have special attention every day!
...I wouldn't agree to butcher him! This way I can think that maybe he worked out for a different buyer!
( such a softie, am I ...probably not cut out to be a Cow girl!)

JunieRose

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Sounds like you had a few lovely days! I so enjoyed seeing all the pictures...the flowers you put on your mom's grave are just beautiful! Ouch at having to go to the dentist...it sure has gotten very expensive to have teeth fixed these days. Awwww the baby calf is just adorable and I love the name Silver Bell, it really suits her:-) Hugs xox

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes- the little calf is adorable!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home