Junie's Place: Catnapping

Friday, April 13, 2007

Catnapping


Tiger and General
'Catnapping' on our front porch


I envy their easy sleep! Wish I could get that comfortable when I'm trying to catch some ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz's!

Have to try for sleep earlier tonight because tomorrow we are doing this!
(See below)

~~~~~~

Tomorrow we are invited to an annual chili cook-off party,
given by an old friend of my husband.
This is an event that we have attended several times over the years.

Well...it should be fun - right?
Charles enjoys getting together with the old guys he worked with all those years ago.

Everybody is requested to bring a pot of chili -and it will be judged to see which is the best! :)

I told Charles that's his job this time-the making of the chili!
So I guess he'll do that tonight-or early tomorrow!
I'm leaving it up to him to decide when and how that Chile is made!!!

~~~~

BUT~

Frankly, my dear, I'd rather be riding The Victory than eating chili!






Junie










Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:35 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Hmmm... maybe you could ride the Victory to the chili cook-off and have the best of both worlds!!

Maybe being tumbled and jiggled about on a motorcycle would be the secret ingredient to prize-winning chili!! :)

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;)

Did you get the drift that I am not too 'HOT' on that chili deal? ssshhhh!!

Well, I would suggest we ride the Victory....except there would be no room for the big chili pot!

...lol- also no room for the big winner's trophy!!
Now -I must go try for some zzzzzzz's


Junie

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie
Goood luck at the Chilli cook off bring home the trophy.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ok you go on a Victory ride and I'll go to the chili cookoff with Charles...I love chili BUT it can't be too spicy! lol I have a feeling these folks make their chili VERY HOT! Yikes! Love the picture of your cats...I always say in my next life, I want to be a cat because they sure know how to relax! lol Hugs xoxo

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Chili is a "winter" dish around here...frankly I'm ready for bbq burgers and blt's made with home grown maters!!

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi
Pea,
Early Bird,
Jeanette,


Thanks for visiting! No, Charlie's chili didn't win but it was a fun day! Lots of people were there!

Junie

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

LOVE the photo of the snoozing cats!!

I hope you were well rested for the chili cook off.

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

Those cats love their naps!! I like that picture a lot , too!

I have trouble getting to sleep early but the chili cook-off was in the early afternoon so I was ok!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home