Junie's Place: Poem:Raindrops

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Poem:Raindrops




Raindrops


Raindrops fall, relentlessly!
The color in the day,
has vanished so completely-
been taken, clear, away.

Just one name I’ll give it.
'Drab,' describes it well.
The day is wrapped in sorrow,
a dismal shade of pale.

Raindrops on the window,
make ripples in my view;
distorting all I’m seeing,
cast in this faded hue.

The world outside seems burdened,
bent down with all the rain;
the way my heart is heavy
and drowning with the pain.

June Kellum
June 25, 2006






Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:39 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Your poem seems so sad and how we would love that rain here.
Glad you got the Anthology Album of
The Beatles at a bargain price. I have Rod Stewart's first Medley cd.
Thanks for your commen and glad you enjoyed the post. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

Very nice poem, but sad....it shows feelings.....

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, no!

Rain, rain GO AWAY,
Junie Rose wants out to play!
Trapped inside it is so dull,
She is in a drabby lull.

I hope it's sunny now. :)

 
At 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, ladies, for your comments.

:) JD-that's cute!


I guess I DID sound a bit 'down' this day! This was last year!

Junie

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

A lovely poem Junie. If we didn't have those sad days, how would we ever fully appreciate the happy ones?

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home