Junie's Place: Another snake surprise!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Another snake surprise!





Another snake surprise for me!

As often as I have seen this happen over the years - still each time I'm startled to see a snake curled around my husband's big hands...especially in my house. This time he brought it into the bedroom as I was gathering up laundry for the wash!



With my startled exclamation of "Oh!” he laughed and said,” But I thought you were not afraid of snakes!"

I'm not afraid of them-Really- I'm not! They are just not something I wish to become so cozy with.

Lol- I surprised him by asking to hold the little snake and get a picture of me with it! Here's proof of how brave I am! You can tell I wasn't that relaxed with the situation, though! And the camera lens is fogged up! Oh well! But it's me holding a Red Rat Snake! (Also known as a Corn Snake)




Aren't you all proud of my bravery!! :)



Here is a website with pictures of this and other Rat Snakes.


I soon turned him back over to Charles and he set him free. I got these pictures as the snake quickly slithered away.













~~~

After our snake encounter I did some gardening- clipping and weeding in the roses...
The heat almost did me in! Need to do more but it will have to wait!

~~~

All of you - have a great day!

Junie

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 5:33 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Junie!!! You really did hold that snake!!!! You have more courage than I would! lol Snakes don't really terrify me but I just don't want to hold them or have them too close to me. lol You are one brave lady...now can you come and squish a spider that's been following me around in my house???? hehe xox

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yep! I held him! lol- Charles was afraid I'd squeeze it too hard and kill the poor little thing! But I was careful!


I don't like spiders much, either- but I don't like to squish 'em! I try to catch them in wet paper towels and put them outside, when I find them inside.


XOX
Junie

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Now Miz Junie, had my hubby brought that snake in the house with me there would have been more laundry to wash after I had wet myself!!!
~~shivers~~~
Sorry I'm so late getting over here...Blogger template problems...grr!!
:)

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy

LOL- well it was a pretty little snake- so I didn't really mind!

ALL kinds of computer problems today- seems like everyone is having some kind of problems!

See you again soon,

Junie

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I like anything that kills rats - pretty snake. ec

 
At 2:29 AM , Blogger Val said...

How beautiful!

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Val,

Yes, he is very beautiful. Vivid colors!


Junie

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi, EC,

He was a pretty one! And, like you, I prefer snakes to rats ! :)


June

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie. Snakes!! Yikes!!! Did you hear me scream,lol Oh I hate snakes and spiders.just seeing you holding him sent shivers down my spine.Take care (((((HUGS))))

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jan, :) Yep! I heard that scream all the way over here!

I don't mind snakes as long as I know they are harmless. This one was- and was very pretty.


Have a good day,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home