Junie's Place: Get On With It....

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Get On With It....

...Today another trip to Wal- Mart ... my final trip -I swear- before this holiday ! I ended up spending another $200.00 bucks . I go in with a short list of a dozen items... end up getting 3 times the amount that's on the essential list! ( I'm hopeless when it comes to holiday shopping and planning!)

Oh, well- that's just the way it must be- it's ME!

I found this cute little Santa .

He seems to be saying, (posed by that pumpkin/gourd) "Get On With It!...I want to have my time...I wanna talk about me!!"






Soon enough- your time will come, Santa!


~~~


Tonight I am making a cherry-cheese pie... It's pretty quick and easy to make.

Then it's off to bed for me- I have been very tired the past few days. I Never get rested.

Things are not as I wished they'd be by this point in my travels toward the holidays... but I just have to go with what I got here to deal with. What's left undone will just have to be accepted. (BY ME - I mean! I am the one who sets these standards and goals for myself...and it's not easy getting to the point when you start to realize things are much harder than they once were!)

LOL- but - you just watch! We'll pull it off- Together- Charles and I! (AKA-Ginga & Gabbo)

Now I have to go make a pie!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10:54 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

I'm fortunate in that I have a mate that dearly loves to shop, especially for Christmas - I do drive her on occasion, then go and park until she calls me to pick her up. My last trip to WalMart was for groceries and was just a bit over 100 dollars - a lot for us. The pie sounds tasty - a recipe would be nice. :) ec

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I always go to the grocery store and buy way more than what's on the list!! At least 95% of the time anyways!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rachel!

Hope your holiday is grand!


Junie

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mr Eddie-

OK- that recipe is posted now! :)

It's real good!


Junie

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, you make me laugh so hard! I love reading your blog entries! :) Sorry, I am too incoherent from laughing to comment any more than this tonight! Or maybe I am incoherent and laughing hysterically at your blog entry because I've just come back from a big late-night shopping trip to the dreaded Walmart!! Either way, thanks for blogging and for being you!

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,



Hi Skye,

:) we're always ahead of the game if we can find something to laugh about...lol- and a trip to Wal-Mart is usually reason enough to laugh! :)

Hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving, Skye.

Hugs)))

Junie

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) sorry for the double greeting up there! haha

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That cherry cheese pie looks FABulous!!!!!
I'm guilty of over-shopping at Walmart too.
I always grab some extra things that aren't on my list.

Junie, I hope you and Charles and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Eat well and enjoy every morsel. Laugh and hug and have a great time with one another.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jamie D,

And I wish you and your family the very best too!


Junie

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger wazza said...

Gidday Junie,

Yep, I have a problem when I go food shopping, even though I often take a shopping list I always come out with more than I need or wanted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home