Junie's Place: This day 11-14-07

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This day 11-14-07

...Making it through the day towards the upcoming holiday...and I have to say I have made little progress...

All day I have not felt well so postponed getting to the store for some things I will need for the Thanksgiving meal. We
did buy the turkey, though, when we were out a couple nights back! It's a big ole bird...almost 20 pounds!

Lists I need to make - recipes I need to find - a plan I need to formulate - but I feel incapable in accomplishing...or even starting - any of this stuff! But I
will! Tomorrow is a brand new day! I will get it together, as I always have! I plan to get a good night of rest tonight, so hopefully, I will feel more like doing some things tomorrow!
~~~

My sis was up today and we were remembering our nephew, Phil...and then I went to the website that is set up for family and friends to post sympathy notes to the family . It's very hard to get past the sadness ...
~~~

Tonight my girls were up for dinner but didn't stay very long . Nonetheless, it was good seeing them, even for a short visit. Alli always has lots of homework on school nights. I made pork chops and gravy- and Charles did garlic mashed potatoes. It was all very tasty! (tho, heavy!) But I'm not gonna worry about that right now!


Update on Tina:

Tina is still not back to work but expects to be very soon. She sees her doctor on Tuesday next week and thinks she will get a release to return to work!

It's been long!

~~~

Update on my cat:

He's recovered and is good as new! He's back where he wants most to be- in the back yard!
They both became quite restless cooped up in the small space of the porch so were happy to be allowed out again! Here they are while they were still confined- both looking very bored!

Truth be told - I am glad to have them back outside, as a cat-litter box is one of my least favorite things! Of course I will let them inside if the weather is bad...lol- however- we don't have a lot of blizzards here!

~~~
Last night~
I talked with a friend then did a lot of lovely music ~ from Dan Fogelberg~ to Beatles ~ to Classical~ and finally ending very late with my favorite loud Rock band, The Who!

:) An amazing journey ~ all!

~~~

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Just catching up on what's been happening there...I am sorry to read about your nephew---couldn't find the post about whjat happened, but whatever it is I know this is very vey difficult and terribly painful.

Glad that General came home, though injured in some way....He is a great beauty...LOVE that picture of him with the flag....!

Holidays are so much harder when there have been losses like your nephew....I hope you will be able to gather your strength, my dear.

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Naomi,

My nephew died recently of a heart attack at the age of 53. My sister's son-and the 2nd son she's lost -and a granddaughter- in a 3 year span!
Heartbreaking for her family and of course for all of us.

*** The holidays seem to get a little harder each year for me...So many changes in the family with the grands growing up and away. I usually snap out of my blues and pull it all together, tho, and I expect I will this time too.

Of course we have the added sorrow, with losing my nephew.

~~~

Oh, General is fine now- He recovered very well and fast! He's happy to be outdoors again>


Thanks for coming by.


Junie

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

Hi Junie;
Holidays sure aren't like they use to be....your right our kids grow up and have another family to consider...this year I will probably spend with my son, but he works until 3, so I said lets go to Cracker Barrel....I just can't get in the mood to cook a turkey for just me and him....I was invited down to my daughter Lori's in Indiana, but I don't feel like driving....but it's not going to get me down, for it's just another day...in fact I'm in the Christmas mood now....I have up my two Christmas trees...one in kitchen and one in family room....I have another small one to put up in my front room.....No one will probably see any of them, for our Christmas is spend at my daughters.. but I have the lights on now, and they make me happy...

Sorry about your nephew...I haven't been by in a while, so I didn't know about it....he was young.....to young to die....

Well have a happy Thanksgiving... it's cold here now, so winter coats are dragged out....and possible snow showers.... judy

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks for coming by...

Yes- very sad about my nephew and extra sad because this sister lost her other son(and his daughter) just 3 years ago!... My heart is broken for her family- and I'm grieving for myself, also I loved those boys - my nephews! The other son died tragically in a motorcycle wreck- with his daughter behind him!

And - yes- the holidays sure do change for us when our kids grow up- and our grandkids! But I'm trying to get in the spirit! :)

Take care,


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home