Junie's Place: shopping ~ HO-HO-HO

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

shopping ~ HO-HO-HO

~~~

I went shopping today and accomplished quite a lot...in fact, I'd say I'm about 2/3's finished! Goody for me!!   :)

   The past few days I've been feeling downhearted and overwhelmed with things...feeling like I can't possibly do all the things I've determined I must do... but today proves I can and WILL manage to get things organized and make things MERRY around here!

It was a long, long day for me, as I awoke at 5:30 this morning compared to my usual time of 8:00. I went to bed last night about an hour earlier than usual...but why do I wake up 2-1/2 hours early? No logic or order in my life at all!

I left my house to go shop about 9:30 and didn't get home until almost 5:00. Now that's what I call a long day of shopping!  haha

Charles took this pic of me just before I left this morning. If you think I look tired starting out,
( which I definitely did from too little sleep)
well-you should have seen me at the end of the day!
( really dragging!)


~~
We've had freezing temperatures the past 2 nights!  Our fruit is a lost cause this year again. The trees never really recovered from last year's freezes and the fruit we've had has not been sweet at all. I didn't even bother to try any juice because who wants sour OJ ? Not me!....So, anyway after the past couple of freezing nights I can just forget about the fruit and stop feeling guilty for not trying to use some of it. Truth is, we are just a little bit too far north for the citrus.

Hopefully tonight I will get enough rest so that tomorrow we might get a tree and get my decorating done!!

Tis the season and I'm wanting some festive lights around here!





Good night, all!

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The season can be tiring.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We always manage to accomplish most of what we plan Junie it just seems that it won't get done. I'm with you on the festive lights and I'll try to work on mine today. Put on some Christmas music and those arms of yours will automatically start to work.

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Sally said...

You look beautiful, Junie! I'm sorry about the fruit; I know you're disappointed!

Freezing here too the past few nights. I tried to cover my palm in the back yard; lost two last year. :(

Get those lights going, girl, and that will perk you right up! The only thing we've done is I let Hunter decorate the tree, and she thinks it's "awesome"! :)

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Donna said...

That WAS a long shopping day!
I've got 2 things left to do and I AM THROUGH!!! Lordy!
I'm finished early this year because we are having an early Christmas with the kids (they're going on a trip over the break)
Love the photo but where is the "after" shot??Hahaaaa
hughugs

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I've been worrying about getting everything done for the holidays too Junie....but, somehow we manage to do it. I've learned to pace myself much more than I use to....mostly because I have to. Hey, I think you look great in that picture sweetie...tired or not. Take care... Hugs, Joy

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I feel your pain about feeling stressed and overwhelmed where getting ready for Christmas is concerned!! I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! lol Makes you wish you were a child again so that all you had to do was wait for Santa!! hehe

I'm almost done my shopping, only a few gift cards left to buy. You always look beautiful in your pictures:-) xoxo

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, all of you!

LOL-Donna-that looks like it could very well be the 'AFTER' shot! haha

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Lowell said...

Hi Junie! I know how you feel about the holidays and all the work that's involved, although I think it is much worse for female-type people!

Dontcha just hate this cold weather. I thought anything below 32 degrees was illegal in Florida! Hah!

Your post made me think of the phrase, "I'm going to have fun even if it kills me!"

Hope your weekend is filled with wonderful things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home