Junie's Place: Our Victory Ride Today_

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Our Victory Ride Today_

~~~
Today was a perfect day for a ride. Only thing missing  was the fluffy clouds I like to see against the blue.  :)   But I'm not complaining. It really was an awesome day to ride or to do just about anything, I'd say!

Here we are just starting out.







  
Here am I, doing my usual kid games, playing with my camera... getting close-ups and reflection shots in Charlie's helmet!

~
Oh, but the girl DOES have some fun!!

One PLUS I have found in getting older...
OK,OLD...is that there's no need to worry about appearing silly. We've earned the right to do as we damn well please! LOL-  And we're considered silly anyway, no matter how dignified and proper and sensible we may try to be! Hey, it's true!
 :)
 

 We decided to ride to Waldo's Antique's and  Flea Market.

    I remembered on the way that my old friend from the Way Back times had told me she has a booth at the Flea Market and sells jewelry...
We were hoping we might find her there...but we didn't!

Just in recent months 'Carrie' and I have got back in touch (on FB) after around '50' years! (lol-Yes-a lifetime!) I had known her in 5th-thru 9th grades...and then also , briefly after we were grown-ups...We were both surprised to learn we live not too far from each other here in north Fl.

Oh well- I'll have to plan better next time!
Waldo is about 40 miles from our place.


We saw a lot of stuff...everything you can imagine, and then some! We bought only a leather belt for Charles and  2 bundles of giant size sweet onions!

~
I liked these little bunnies and lots of other farm animals...chicks and ducks and geese; puppies and kitties too.  LOL- NO-I didn't  buy any of those little critters...Would have been a bit hard getting them home on the motorcycle! 
   :)


Oh! We saw a lot of interesting people too.
Saw Elvis, in fact! He's alive and well in Waldo, Fl. He was wearing a fancy red and sequined jumpsuit!
(Is that what they were called?)
He was just walking around the flea market... not performing. Guess he's taking some leisure time!!


We saw a lot of tattooed bodies!
  Tattoos are very in here in north Fl...and while I'm not so much against tattoos I still am constantly amazed at the variety of designs  and colors you are apt to see these days...also, of the places people are still finding  on the bods to put them.

In the past 
(speaking of my young years) 
tattoos were mostly seen on service men.. and mostly on the upper arms. You'd see a lot of banners with 'mother' written on them ... or a big red rose...or our flag...anchors, on sailors...
Oh, and sometimes you'd see female figures that would move  with the flexing of the muscled arm. 

Lol- Come to think of it - my dad had one of those- a naked lady...and we, as kids, and then the first grand kids in the family, found Dad's tattoo kinda cool!

  My mom never had a tattoo-
and neither do I! 
:)

~
On the way back we swung over to Gainesville, to our all time favorite place for a Hogie sandwich! They sure do know how to do a great toasted and  pressed sandwich! It had been awhile and it sure was good!

OH- Note the straggly hair on Junie Rose...the motorcycle ride is partly to blame...the bigger part is I'm badly in need of a haircut! Gotta do something about that this week!


We love everything about this place!










 Our ride today was again around 100 miles- a good one!

lol- and having that sandwich in mid-afternoon meant I'd do no cooking tonight!! That's always a good deal!


~~
~Safely home again~



Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, you've solved the age old problems of "Where's Waldo." Now you just have to figure our, where's Carrie.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha-yep, 'cause Carrie certainly wasn't at WALDO flea market!

Hope things are good in your world today, AC!


Junie

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Now that's what I call a great way to spend a Sunday!! I think it's so awesome that you two can travel by motorcycle and Junie, you don't look a day over 30:-) I would have loved visiting that flea market, only problem is I would have probably had to rent a u-haul to bring everything I bought home! lol And omigosh, those bunnies are just too cute.

Aha! I knew Elvis was still alive but who knew he was in Waldo, FL!!!! hehe

That sandwich sure does look delicious...thanks for making me drool on my keyboard! lol xoxo

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL-Thanks, Pea! So you're gonna give me back 40 years, are you!!
(You know I'll be 70 next month!!!)

Well, the ride was a lot of fun-and all the things we did and saw were fun-lol- even Elvis!


hugs)


Junie

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You had a wonderful day. I've never traveled on a bike but my best friend and her hubby do it all the time. Maybe soneday I will get brave.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home