Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday_Sept 6, 2011

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Ruby Tuesday_Sept 6, 2011

~~~

It's Ruby Tuesday again!


~~~

Recently we visited relatives in Alabama. Summertime in north Alabama is beautiful with many flowers in bloom! (very HOT, though!) 

This Rose of Sharon bush grows at my sister-in-law's place near Athens, Al!  I love that dark red center and it makes a perfect selection for my Ruby Tuesday post!


 ~
This one grows at my brother and S-I-L's place in Hartselle, Al.  It's bloom is multi-petaled and a dark pink in color.


 
These flowering bushes produce many blooms throughout summer! I enjoy the variety in colors and form of these flowers.




Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That reminds me that I need to plant some R of S seedlings. I wonder if they'll make it through the winter?

 
At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Cafe au lait said...

Beautiful photos!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Maria said...

I do not think I have ever seen a Rose of Sharon although I have read about them and simply love the name. What a beautiful flower.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home