Junie's Place: Stupid Little Accident...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stupid Little Accident...

June Kellum
(FaceBook-last night)
Stupid little accident a couple hours ago.... I was cleaning a spot on the carpet with some cleaner/spot remover. Saw the need to use a cloth to get rid of the lather so it could dry and then be vacuumed....Welll- somehow THIS happened as I moved the rag back and forth!

 I was afraid it was broken but Tina thinks it's not..however it hangs down in this ugly-strange way! :( I can't straighten the finger out...Strangely, it's not very painful and not swollen.

Typing with the other fingers...
 I was in the process of cleaning the house a bit for out of town company tomorrow . They are just stopping in for a quick hello and a "hug,"(our niece Kathy said) so maybe they won't look too closely at my house! :) Hope so because I can't do anything, at this point!

Charles got me this splint, hopefully, it will help.


 Meanwhile, I'm going to check out the TV...One of those,
 "It is what it is" moments!

Love,

Junie
 

(FB-today)


 Back!! Torn ligament in the finger and have to wear the splint for 8-to 12 weeks! :( The doctor told me the finger would heal, and be functional without treatment, but it would always turn down (as in the picture)....but who wants a droopy finger? Especially that middle one!! haha!! Just kidding....I don't want ANY droopy fingers on my little hands!

One good thing in all this...I expect I will have to drastically reduce my time cooking dinner-etc-can't do much serious stirring with a messed up right hand!

Junie

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

So sorry to hear this Junie!
Just take it easy and don't worry about the house - your company is coming to see YOU!!
Take care!

 
At 1:06 PM , Anonymous momma said...

I'm with Carletta-- the company should be there to see you not your house. I hope the finger heals alright. Anvilcloud is right the captcha is hard to read so if you don't hear from me it can be because I can't get the words right.

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Donna said...

GoodNess!! It's time for Charles to take you OUT for meals!Hahaaa
You've earned it!!
hughugs

PS- Me TOOOO Ac!

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I've realized there are some very strange little accidents that happen to us as we get older...and of course we don't mend and heal quite as fast as we use to...especially when it comes to tendons and ligaments. Your little finger mishap definitely falls into that strange category. Hope you are doing well Junie...take care sweet friend. Yep, looks like you and Charles should be making a few dinner dates out on the town. ~Joy

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends.

Yep-I expect to be taken out for dinner -a lot- in the next several weeks!! :)

Either that or C. and I might lose a lot of weight...

Come to think of it-THAT'S not a bad idea at all!! ;)

Junie

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Yep, I'd say Charles needs to take you out to eat quite often for several weeks.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, friends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home