Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~Mar 7, 2012~Collectibles

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Midweek Blues~Mar 7, 2012~Collectibles

~~





~~

I collect a lot of things!
 I have several  cabinets displaying my dolls and other treasures and memories!
(...or "Junk!")
:)

This elephant bank was a gift I gave to my youngest daughter, Tina, on her 5th. birthday in 1969.
The coin is put in the elephant's trunk and by pushing a lever down, the trunk moves up and the coin goes in a slot at the top center of the bank.


 

More of my toys and collectibles in blue...









Love,
Junie


Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Anonymous momma said...

Even if we gather so much (memories/ junk)it is all right Junie. Just hang on to them to enjoy each thing and let someone else worry about what to do with them down the road. I know that is what I'm doing!!!!

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Love your collectibles Junie!
Hope you and Charles are doing well!
hughugs

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Aw Junie! YOu have such beautiful collectibles. LOVE them all especially the elephant!

Hope you're having a great day!

Love to you!

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I would love to be able to go to your house and see all of your collections:-) Throughout the years you've shown some of them and they all look so amazing. I especially love the vintage toys, they are the best!!! xoxo

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,Momma-Mary! That's the way I look at it, too! :) Thing is, tho...after I am gone my 'Junk' will take on more importance to the 'kids. That's the way it works! :)

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies, for your sweet comments!

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Love that elephant bank and the clown - lovely collectibles! Those two are very vintage looking that I love.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes-the bank is from my daughter's childhood, when she was 5 yrs. old...That makes it 43 yrs old. The clown is a reproduction, I think! I love the looks of old toys-even if they are not really old!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home