Junie's Place: Camera Critters-May 19, 2012-

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Camera Critters-May 19, 2012-

~~



~~

A couple days ago my husband and I were riding the golf cart on the next street over from our place, when we came upon this scene.


(from Wikipedia) 
The Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura) is a bird found throughout most of the Americas. It is also known in some North American regions as the turkey buzzard (or just buzzard), and in some areas of the Caribbean as the John crow or carrion crow.


This is not one of my favorite birds to watch but this time I zoomed in on him to see what he was up to!
This is what I saw!



 (cleaning up the roadkill)

~~

...and he says...

"It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it!"
~~ 

As I was writing this post I got to wondering where that quote originated. I was unable to find the origin of the quote with all my searches.
Do any of you know?


Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger eileeninmd said...

Great series, they do well at keeping the roads clean. Wonderful post, have a great weekend!

 
At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Carletta said...

Excellent shots Junie! Especially that last one.
Only a face a mother could love. I like to see them soaring up high - up close, not so much. :)

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Sally said...

LOL!! Not my favorite either, but he's doing a good job. :)

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,
HAS to do it...or we'd be "OVER RUN" with roadkill! LOL

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

Without them we'd have a lot more disease around, that's what I was told once, so they're okay in my book. Hope you find out where that saying came from. Have a great week.

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger Chubskulit Rose said...

Is that a snake he's got? Great shots.

Come and see the cicada in my critter entry.

 
At 4:48 AM , Blogger Pia said...

Wow Junie, what great shots! Thats amazing. And the quote suits excellent. (Maybe you heard it in a movie like James Bond or so.)

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Nice catch there, Junie.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

I jjust saw one of these on a walk today!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for the visits! I'll try to catch up on visiting soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home