Junie's Place: Another night of music

Friday, March 24, 2006

Another night of music

Last night my music choices were 'Yes', Re(Union)- a great Prog Rock album . It's the only cd I have of YES, but do have others of theirs on some LPs I recently bought.

( bought a huge collection of Classic Rock LPs at a yard sale for cheap, recently, and found a lot of real gems in the box of over 100 records!!) :)
CDs are so quick and easy to play I use them more often than the LPs.


Anyway-continuing my music listens (Lessons!!) of last night... I ended the night with one of my favorite 'New' cds of a favorite ' New'
group-'Moody Blues '- 'Days of Future Passed!'
( of my new music discoveries- new to me over the past several months!)
I just love this cd and it's one I play often! But a favorite Moodies song is on another cd I have , Best of ...collection,
'Forever Autumn'
- so I ended up by playing that to finish up my music listens of the night.

It was a fine night of music..."Da Bestest ever!" one might say! :)


Junie

~~~~~~~~

~Lyrics from one of my favorite Moodies songs~



Forever Autumn
(Justin Hayward)



The summer sun is fading as the year grows old
And darker days are drawing near
The winter winds will be much colder
Now you're not here

I watch the birds fly south across the autumn sky
And one by one they disappear
I wish that I was flying with them
Now you're not here

Like the sun through the trees you came to love me
Like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
You always loved this time of year
Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
'Cause you're not here
'Cause you're not here
'Cause you're not here

Like the sun through the trees you came to love me
Like a leaf on a breeze you blew away

A gentle rain falls softly on my weary eyes
As if to hide a lonely tear
My life will be forever autumn
'Cause you're not here
'Cause you're not here
'Cause you're not here

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Good song choice!

BTW, I tagged you for a very small meme-- pop over and copy the questions if you wish to do it ;)

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OK- Carolyn- I'll stop by!

Junie

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger StringMan said...

My roomate in the Navy was a huge Moody Blues fan. We went to sleep each night to a reel-to-reel tape of some 6 or 7 Moody Blues albums. I think I learned all their songs in my sleep. Steve Howe of Yes is one of my favorite guitar players.

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Stringman,

As I have said in some of my earlier posts here- I'm on a QUEST, of sorts, to explore all the music I missed through the years!
(I missed a LOT!!)

Moody Blues is one group I have enjoyed, so much, in exploring! I'm still lacking a lot of the music of theirs that I want to get!

I must say that would have to be a nice way to fall asleep at night- listening to Moody Blues! :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home