Junie's Place: Late Night Music

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Late Night Music

...ended my
'Hard Days Night' with ...
now - I bet you're thinking BEATLES, but- No!


I played ELP's 'Brain Salad Surgery.' I had not heard it in awhile and it seemed to be just what I needed!

I have come to appreciate and love that Prog Rock sound of the early 70s and this ALBUM is one of the best examples that I know of. This is the only Emerson, Lake and Palmer album that I own but I have been told it's their best!

I just know it completely keeps me 'Spellbound' as I listen! :)

...and I was able to get a good, satisfied, restful sleep, when I finally got to it!!


Music...a balm for the soul!


Junie

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Ahhhhhh, you have great musical taste! What's funny is that even my kids, who are 22 and older, like a lot of what we listened to in the 60s and 70s: CCR, Beatles, Led Zepplin, The Guess Who, Lynard Skynard,I could go on and on. But you know, I like some of the stuff from their generation too.

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Funny thing about my music, Doug, is that I have,for the most part, just gotten into this music of the 60s & 70s in the past couple years! (Thanks to some friends I found on a music forum!)

Of course I knew the names ...Beatles, THE WHO,Guess Who, Jethro Tull -all those you mention...but I was a young married lady with 3 kids, and a husband who only liked country! So that's what we heard in our house!!

I can say I have had a real trip exploring all this NEW music the past couple years! :)

Just imagine!! It's all NEW to me...Beatles, The Who, Genesis, ELP, YES, Jethro Tull -all of them!! (SMILE)

Speaking of THE WHO-they have to be my top fave -at least of the LOUD Rock bands! :) I hear they will tour this year-but doubt that I can manage to see them! :(


By the mid 70s I HAD discovered a couple of Soft Rock singers- Jackson Browne,of course, and Dan Fogelberg! They have remained my favorites all through the years...until NOW!

Lol- I sort of feel like a kid in a candy store with all the new, interesting music I have found...Well, I should say-have been gifted with !
I never would have explored it all on my own!

OH! And I love Sarah McLachlan...you may have noticed!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home