Junie's Place: Cowboys and GIRLS I've known and loved!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cowboys and GIRLS I've known and loved!











Photos:

Black & white-
Dan -age 2 (Grandson)
( we told him to be a MEAN cowboy and he did!)

Cowboy in red
Brian-age about 4yrs. (Grandson)

Cowboy on toy horse
Zach-about 18 months (Grandson)

Mean looking cowboy with six-shooter
Chris-age 4 (son)

Cowgirl on REAL pony
Allison (Granddaughter)
Kindergarten

Two little blonde baby girs on FAKE horse
(my girls- Tina -age 2 and Tammy -age 3)

And the meanest looking cowboy of all

My husband, Charlie! :) Christmas season- 2005









...some lyrics from a song recorded by both
Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson






Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys


Cowboys ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold.
They'd rather give you a song than diamonds or gold.
Lonestar belt buckles and old faded levis,
And each night begins a new day.
If you don't understand him, an' he don't die young,
He'll prob'ly just ride away.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
Don't let 'em pick guitars or drive them old trucks.
Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with someone they love.


:) My husband often quotes lines from this song!

16 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Please do tell who they all are, Junie! I particularly like the little sulky one on the bottom right! :)

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Thanks - that was quick!!

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) yah-I just wasn't finished when you looked the first time.

Junie

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Now that is a serious bunch of cowboys and cowgirls - they could probably round up them cows in a hurry! ec

 
At 1:03 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What cute pics.
Charlie looks like he probably has a bark but no bite.
He looks kind hearted to me.

 
At 1:59 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ You have some cute cowboys there. Love Willie and the late Waylon.
Also sad to hear about Gene Pitney. My
son saw him last year in Australia.
Glad you liked the jokes and thanks for the "Keep warm." I am OK today, have got used to the weather.
Cheers, Merle.

BTW Willie is singing "You don't Know Me" on CMT at present.

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Thanks for the visit, I think I am going to be lucky enough to spend another Fall in Vermont and other parts of the US, again this year.
I thought my visit in 1997 would be my one and only, but thanks to my new life with Walter, we are going aain.

What cute cowboys & girls, I have the same sort of pics of my first four kids.

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Skye said...

You know what? My boyfriend glanced over my shoulder as I was looking at these pics, and said, "Who's that with a picture of Earnest Hemingway on their site?" :) :) I had to laugh!

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

TO SKYE,

:) ...not the first time someone mentioned C. looking like Hemingway!
In fact I did a blog on that just recently on here- Not sure just when that was but I posted pics of Hemingway and Charles !

Lol- but one person told me yesterday he looked like Charlie Daniels!

To me he looks like SANTA1 :)

Junie

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jacqui,

How wonderful for you to be able to visit Vermont again!

We may go to N.C. in the fall. I have a sister there. It's been a few years since we saw the fall colors so I hope we can go up this year!

My little cowboys and girls WERE very cute! Thanks!
I miss having KIDS in my life!

June

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Yep- very cute kids and grands I had! I so enjoyed those days when they were young!

Waylon Jennings was always a top favorite of my husband! We have a lot of his albums from way back- also of Willie Nelson! 'Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain'by Willie is just great!

June

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Yes, I remember your blog entry about Hemingway. That's why it was so funny when Scott said that last night!

And my vote is for Santa too! :)

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Good photos June, nice to have all those memories.

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jamie Dawn,

:)

LOL- Charlie does look pretty tough in that pic! I think he was playing up the cowboy image! One of the boys gave him the hat as a Christmas gift!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,

Yep, quite a collection of cowhands there! :)

Thanks for looking!

June

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Peter,

Lol- as you see I have always been into photos! No event in our lives should ever go 'un-shot' - with a camera! :)...and every day is an EVENT!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home