Junie's Place: Poem: Today I'll Not Be Sad

Friday, March 31, 2006

Poem: Today I'll Not Be Sad


Today, I’ll Not Be Sad


Today, I’ll not be sad.
I’ll keep my cares at bay,
embracing sunny skies;
I’ll push the gloom away.

To sorrow, I won’t yield…
to hopelessness or fears…
to boredom or to pain.
I will not yield to tears!

I WILL seek out fulfillment
in all I do and see.
I’ll guard against the darkness,
that hovers over me…

the loneliness that lingers,
no matter what I do.
I’ll double up my efforts,
try hard to make it true!

My thoughts will be directed
down happy avenues.
I’ll take my life and mold it,
exactly as I choose.

June Kellum
2005

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I like this poem a lot.
I do hope you are NOT feeling sad today, as it is Charles' birthday. Hope you are both having a great day. Merle.

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger StringMan said...

A very inspirational poem, Juni! We have the ability to choose how we react to life. Your poem affirms that.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

:) no -today was a good day!

That's an old poem!

We had a real fun time tonight-and it will soon be our celebration of my husband's birthday!

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, Stringman!

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Genealogy Books said...

What a wonderful read..Thank you!

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Please visit again! :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home