Junie's Place: Poem: Words

Monday, April 03, 2006

Poem: Words

...another little poem...



WORDS


The time I spend with you, my love,
means more to me than I can say.
The little things you say and do,
bring sunshine to my darkest day!

When you’re near me, everything,
is dusted with your golden glow.
I’m trying hard to find the words
- those magic words - to let you know.

Words, I find, don’t say enough…
can not express what’s here - inside!
So I falter and I fail…
no mind, how often I have tried.

A simple ‘I love you,’ it seems,
should be enough to satisfy.
But for you, there’s so much more-
more than those three words imply!

I’ll just have to tell you this.
You’re all the world to me - and more.
You’re everything my heart does crave.
You’re all that I’ve been longing for!


June Kellum
2005

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:55 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Junie, this is really lovely...so simple and yet it says it all. I wonder who was the lucky inspiration for this one...hmmm.

BTW, I posted a couple of pictures of our new baby...Bastian...come by and peek. -Joy

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) thanks ,Joy.

( I'm not telling! lol! )

going to see that new little boy -NOW!!

Junie

 
At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words about my poetry. I just wish I had your talent. I have never learned the art of rhyme. You have master it.

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Well, thank you so much!

...but yours was just such a perfect poem for spring!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home