Junie's Place: My Day- June 14, 2006 (2nd. post of the day!)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Day- June 14, 2006 (2nd. post of the day!)

My day - 6-14-06


This will be my second post of the day…that is – if I’m able to get it on! Am having lots of trouble-and a lot of others seem to be, also!

Is Mr. Blogger getting tired of having us here…all airing our gripes and groans…all our frustrations being laid out for the world to see…our secrets of our hearts being laid bare!
(Other things being laid bare too, by some- but not me!! :) )

…. But, we’re your invited guests, Mr. Blogger, so please play nice!

~~~~~~

OK…

Here’s my news of last night and today!

#1-
Last night I was overcome with sadness! I was still looking through photo albums, still hoping to find those NY pictures! It’s become an obsession. I don’t know why!

I didn’t find them but …well… looking over my long life was sad! Every album opened represented a little piece of my life…when my kids were little…teenage years…weddings…trips…grandbabies- from birth to teen years and ... GONE!

Pictures of Mom overwhelm me with sadness, still! …It seems all the changes happened after she left us…

My life is like a patchwork quilt…some beautiful pieces go into it- some- not so pretty- some dark and drab - some pieces, silky smooth- others- rough to touch! Overall-it’s sewn together with a fine, decorative stitch, combining the whole thing! All the pieces must stay, just as they were sewn into it as it happened all those years ago …last year… last week… yesterday. I’m adding to it, even now!

Man! I hope these last pieces I’m adding do not ruin the overall project! And what if the stitches start to ravel…?

My life!

~~~~~~

#2
Today

Had trouble sleeping, as usual last night, but got up early anyway!

Tried to do an upbeat Flag Day post, early today, but was unable to get the pictures on that I wanted to use!

Went shopping. Food- Father’s day stuff for Charles…(because He’s #1 in my life- no matter how depressed I may become!) :)

I also bought myself a CD. It’s Van Morrison ’Moon Dance.’ My son has this but I never had it before! I know it’s good! It will be my music for tonight- until I’m able to sleep in the wee hours!

Also got some more Apple/Cinnamon candles! My house will smell like apple pie for Father’s Day but we will be having Chocolate pie! :) Our Orlando kids plan to come!

I had a nice surprise email from my girls on the cruise! They are having a wonderful time. I’m glad! They will be gone about another week.

OH!! One more thing I wanted to say…and get other’s opinions on what you think…did I do the right thing- or was I stupid!

…As I was loading my groceries into my car, after shopping at Wal-Mart, I was approached by a woman… She was middle aged, (40-+++) dressed ok…not dirty or raggedy.
She held up both hands to show that I need not fear her …she had no purse or bags of any kind with her! She asked me right away if I could spare some money- that she was down on her luck…saying she needed $$ for food! I didn’t take it all in…the story… something about a husband…that she was looking for a job! She didn’t look like the usual down and out street person…she cried! I felt sorry for her-Plus- I just wanted it to be over…
So I gave her some $$ - a few dollars!

Later-I got to thinking that was a quick way for a woman to make a few bucks…and I wondered just how much she had made today!!

More than anything, it added to my feeling of not being in control…

Should I have done that or not?

What would you have done?

Junie

11 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger Skye said...

You need never feel bad or wrong for giving to someone, Junie, whether her motives were pure or not. I think I would have done the same, or else offered her some of my food.

Glad Tina and Alli are having fun!

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Skye,

It's just drummed into us to always fear any contact with strangers like that...but when it happens I seldom have been able to turn away!

I KNOW she was crying real tears- so I had to offer what I could.

Junie

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I used to do much more of it than I do now. I'm much more apt to offer to buy food or offer to refer to agencies that can help.

Sometimes though, I still do it.

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I was just so taken by surprise-I didn't have time to think of what was best to do...or of the danger- or anything else!

I did tell her, tho, to seek help through the agencies, that I couldn't help her much! I did give her several bills, tho!

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Well done, she may have been genuine. A young man (20 ish) approached
my daughter's car, outside a supermarket
and asked for some help. I gave him $5
but she didn't. My grand-daughter asked why did Grandma give and you didn't to her mother. She said he was probably a con, but I said maybe he was in need.
I would rather make a mistake that way than just refusing. Happily we are not in need ourselves and it is good to help
others. Thanks for your visit.
Take care, Merle.

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

That's the way I felt about this lady...(AS you did) the little bit I gave her I won't miss...I could be in her shoes someday and need help too!

June

 
At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments about how your life is like a quilt, reminded me of something I wrote about 12 years ago. I got it out dusted it off and made today's post. I linked to you and it quotes you. Come visit!

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your comments. I haven't checked you out yet- but will! Thanks for mentioning me!

I truly have always looked at my life in that way....I wrote a poem 'Patchwork of My Life'way,way back. It's posted here - but I can't find it at the moment!

...going now to read what you have to say...:) Isn't it funny how we are all connected in our thoughts of how life works! I never realized this so fully
until I got 'online!' I think it's because we open up more here. I don't know why this should be but it seems so...at least it's been that way for me!

JunieRose

 
At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Maria's post before yours today but both are connected in how you both look at life. Looking forward to reading your original when you find it.

I can relate to the sleep problem and have often considered twin beds because my midnight moving wakes him up. I'm not too hot on twin beds but he so needs his rest with all the physical problems he has that it is quickly becoming a the solution of choice.

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Momma,

If I had room to do it I would set up a twin bed in our room, but don't think I could squeeze it in. The thing is , we just bought this very expensive bedding set...which I am still paying for! (lol- in more ways than one!!)..I'll just have to get used to it!!...For all I know it could be something else that's causing my back pain, anyway!

I've been looking for that poem but can't find it here!

Oh! But I also put it on my poem site and it will be easier to find it there- just scroll down a bit. (see my side bar)
'Patchwork of My Life'

It's probably not such a great poem but it expressed my feelings all those years ago. I wrote it in 1974.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma,

Just checked the poem on my poem site...It's way back in April.

I've posted more on there than I realized.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home