Junie's Place: Tina & Alli ... (and my Beatley good music listens!)

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tina & Alli ... (and my Beatley good music listens!)






Tina and Alli, my daughter and granddaughter, were just by to see us again. They are on their way to Orlando to catch a plane...off on their 2 week long adventure. They are going to Venice, Italy (will have a few hours layover in Paris, but probably won't leave the airport) Two days in Venice, then on a cruise ship for a full week; with several stops, including Athens, Greece!
Another 3 days at the end of the cruise will be spent in Venice!

Needless to say I am a bit apprehensive about this journey, but I'm sure they will have fun, make lots of pictures and store up a lot of good memories!

We all had a nice meal out last night at Shells, a very good seafood restaurant here in our town! Grandson, Dan, joined us too, so that was good!

Dan was kidding me about being so short-saying if I wanted to take any thrill rides such as rollercoasters-etc- I'd better do it soon; because I'd soon be too short to be allowed on those rides!! LOL! Hey, I've never minded being short...but it gives a false impression sometimes ! :) Folks often see me as this little helpless lady...

Anyway! My girls are off! I pray they'll have a safe and fun trip!

They say they will keep in touch by internet! I sure hope so!!


Photos:

My blue tinted, fantasy Fish/lily pond in my back yard! :) Lol- I like the way this looked. I could have posted the normal shot but, WHY go NORMAL when you can have something better!! ;)

Crepe Myrtle bush , outside front yard fence! This is Charles' favotite plant.
We have at least 30 of these bushes throughout our property!

Caladium- in garden area at our front entrance

Some of us and the girls as they were leaving

~~~~~~~~~

My Beatles Music Sessions!

Late last night I got into my Beatles music.
Long time Beatles friend, Billy Preston, passed away a couple days ago. BP had contributed his talents on several Beatles albums. Some gave him credit for helping to bring the Beatles together enough to finish 'Let It Be.' during the Get Back sessions!

There had been some talk about Billy's passing, on the music forum I go to. Many of those Beatle Fans had met him at the yearly BeatleFest in NY/NJ area. All said he was a down to earth-friendly type, with the fans- so there was a lot of sadness with the news of his death.

This made me want to play my Beatles- 'Let It Be' and 'Let It Be..Naked,' as Billy Preston was so much involved, during that time.
I had a pleasant time listening, also chatting with a couple of 'BeatlesFan' friends! Still, I managed to get to bed earlier than usual- at 11:45!

(And, thankfully, encountered no spiders!)


JuniperRose

12 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The water lily looked cool, good job. Do also enjoy caladiums and crepe myrtles - ours are due to bloom around here in a few weeks - I always look for their blooms. ec

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC, thanks,
Glad you enjoy viewing my flowers.
I LOVE that pond picture...had my camera set wrong but I like that blue tint! :) I get surprisingly good pictures, not to know a thing about cameras!
LOL! I have a friend who says that I just have the photographer's eye for getting good pictures...maybe so because I don't know about cameras!

June

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Beautiful.

You and I are not short.

Think vertically challenged.

 
At 2:16 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great photos. The 2 weeks will fly by and your grls will be back/
Try not to worry. I am also short ~ as
Ann says "vertically challenged."
Thanks for John's wishes and glad you enjoy my posts. It is Grandpa's turn next. Glad your back is a little better. Take care, Merle.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Junie,

The girls trip sounds great, it is such an adventure going to other countries.
We are planning our next and last overseas trip, it's very exciting.

Excellent news about your back, and I'm short too and getting shorter.

hugs jacqui

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jacqui, Merle and Ann,

So we are all short ladies! :) Bet I'm the shortest, tho. I am just 5ft. now! I used to be a little taller!

Oh well!!

Still not great with my back but it has improved some.

I'm sure my girls will enjoy the overseas trip and have lots to show and tell, on their return...Also, my other daughter, husband and my grandson Zach are in NYC! She had a business trip. I know they will have fun, too.

June

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I was saddened by Billy Preston's passing. He was probably the best keyboard man ever. He was often called the "Fifth" Beatle.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

He was often called the "Fifth" Beatle.
<<<

Yes, I read that he was. He has been credited with bringing the Beatles together in the recording sessions of 'Let it Be.'
I have some friends who go to the BeatleFest in NY/NJ area and met Billy 2 years ago. They say he was a very friendly and nice person, too! Didn't mind getting photographed with fans...or signing autographs! (lol- many of the guest performers who are there every year are not like that!)

JunieRose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home