Junie's Place: Today-June 30, 2006

Friday, June 30, 2006

Today-June 30, 2006



Today was my day for shopping!

Didn't buy any music as I usually do...just almost bought an Eagles dvd but thought I'd better not-since I had over $60.00 worth of photo developing! Yikes!! ...In the future I plan to cut way back on that- just put most of my pics into my computer!

I didn't buy any of my fun things - except for my usual scented candles! :) After dinner tonight I will burn them and relax with some good music...perhaps Sarah!

( I DID buy something off ebay last night! Beatles' - 'A Hard Day's Night' DVD. I have been told it's a must have for Beatles' fans!! :) SO- OK -I will soon have it!

~~~~~~

Speaking of good music, I played my Brian's cd on the way home from shopping! I enjoy it more and more! It sounds really good-and his lyrics are wonderful! One of the songs is about his great grandmother! (My mom, who we lost 3 1/2 years ago!
It makes me cry every time I play it!

Here're some of the lyrics...
I won't print the whole song but I'm sure he won't mind if I print a little of it.



Essie Pearl
By Brian Fahey


Essie always talked about a God
Watching over me from up above
Though she couldn’t hear too well and long since lost her sight
She was always walkin’ towards the light.


Chorus:
Glory be to God, for the angel here on Earth
For all the seeds she sowed
And the way she helped them grow
My angel was a pearl.

( beautiful, Brian! )

~~~~

Photos:

#1-Brian-Ma-Ma-Dan 1991

#2- Recent pic of Brian


*** Brian's website is on my side bar***


JunieRose

aka-Ginga

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:41 AM , Blogger Granny said...

What a lovely photo

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ Great photos of your Mother and the grandchildren. then Brian
again.Part of a lovely song for you Mom.
I used to have that Beatles'Hard Day's
Night, but gave it and another one to my nephew Marcus. They were L P s back then.Thanks for always popping in and enjoying the jokes etc. Take care,Merle

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Isn't it amazing how much those 'grands' change almost overnight. Brian probably makes you feel short since he has grown so much. I'm glad his songs make you happy. ec

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Sounds like a beautiful song!

Enjoy your candles & music & the holiday too :)

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mreddie,

Well, at just 5ft. tall, my grandsons have been making me feel short for awhile now! :)

His music really is upliftting!
Check it out if you can (on my sidebar) He has 4 of his songs there on his Myspace site!

June

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Carolyn,

Guess you're getting settled in your new place!
(I haven't been to your site yet, but I will)

Yes, Brian's music is a joy to me! :)

Junie

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Thanks for your visit.

Some of Brian's songs are on his website. (although, not the'Ma-Ma' song) His website is on my sideboard. You might enjoy listening!

June

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ann,

Thanks for your visit.
I hope things are going well for you this week end.

Will visit your site soon.

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home