Junie's Place: OH, FIGs!! (Post #2~~~7~3~06)

Monday, July 03, 2006

OH, FIGs!! (Post #2~~~7~3~06)





Oh, FIGs!!
Look what Charlie brought me!

I LOVE them but usually don't think of them until they're gone! We have a tree but it's on the back side of our property and we don't always remember to get to them before the squirrels find them!

They're yummy! I have had several today!

Charlie also picked the fig leaves...offered to model them for me! I said, "No thanks! I think that's been done in the past!" :)
He said, "Never Mind! The leaves aren't big enough, anyway!"

Yikes!! We don't want an x-rated blog here! (from the old folks' farm!)

LOL- We jus being silly!!

...But aren't these pictures pretty!!


JunieRose

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you for a fact that the fig leaves are way to small for me:)

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol!!

Oh, my!!

What have I started here!!

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

My figs are all still green, they seem to all ripen at about the same time. I won't comment on the fig leaves statement, but I did laugh. :) ec

 
At 12:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) YES-they all get ripe at once! I have been eating them all day_very good! Glad I got them before the squirrels did! LOL-

Chas, has to be careful with what he says because I'm always looking for blogging material! haha

It was a little out of character for JunieRose!...but just all in fun!

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Beautiful figs! I've never tasted one. What are they like?

Too funny about the fig leaves! You and Charles come up with some really random conversations sometimes!! :)

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

And a happy 4th to you!

:) Yah, C. and I have fun!


I can't describe the taste of figs. They are not similer to any other fruits in taste, that I know of! They are small and smooth, with all parts edible. Just pop the whole thing in your mouth! :) Very good cooled in the fridge! You can also pickle them, using vinager,spices and sugar. I did that years back- loved them that way but don't have enough to bother with now so I'll just enjoy them fresh.

Junie

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Your figs look delicious. I
haven't had any for years, but do like them. Liked your fig leaf joke, we have to grab any opportunity to laugh.
Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoy the jokes. Take care, Merle.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visit and comments! :)

Yes, the figs were good...probably just a few more- if the squirrels haven't found them.



June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home