Junie's Place: Then and Now

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Then and Now







...Remember that makeshift trellis Charles put up for my vines back in May?? Although they took longer to cover than I remembered, I KNEW they woulld cover it and look pretty-sooner or later! The hummingbirds are attracted to these little star shaped flowers!

Here are the 'Then' and 'Now' photos.


Also - to prove that Charles really can make pretty things when he wants to- here's the play house he made when the grandkids were little! It holds good memories for us.

These days it's a nice place to relax, late in the afternoons.

Junie

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Wow, the trellis turned out great, Junie! I didn't think it would get covered that quickly... I thought it would be a couple of years before the vines covered it fully. What kind of vine is it, anyway? The star flowers are lovely!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger TJ said...

how pretty the flower is...if I was a hummer I would like it...and that Charles is very talented!!! What a nice place to relax!!
:-D

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for looking!

;0 YES- the playhouse is charming...It has the steps on one side and a big slide down the other side...:) so you have a choice of how you wanna leave! haha I always use the stairs!

It was a big hit when the kids were little!

Junie

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

I don't know the name of the vine (Or I can't think of it, if I do know it) I got some seeds from a relative in Alabama a few years back.

....but as pretty as the flowers are and as attractive as the vine itself is... I sometimes wish I didn't have it! It's a very invasive and hard to control plant. They come up by the thousands and just go everywhere! :( But they are pretty and the humming birds love them!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home