Junie's Place: BACK!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

BACK!

Yes, we're back a little early and I have much to show and tell...but need to get my pictures and my thoughts in order before I get into it in a big way!

I WILL explain, though, that we decided just this morning on the way south again, Not to go to the Blue Angels show in Jacksonville, which would have been Saturday., but to come straight home! It was a mutual decision, since we were both pretty worn out from this Leaf-Looking trip! We drove more than 1600 miles on this trip!

We plan to see the Blue Angels fly in Pensacola in 2 weeks, instead. This is a better plan as Charlie has 2 sisters in that area!
We can kill 2 birds with one stone, as the saying goes! (Lol- NO! I don't mean the 2 sisters.... I just mean we can combine the 2 events!)

To be honest, I believe the air show should be THE main event- not tacked on the tail end of this NC 'Autumn Leaves' thing!
I think we will enjoy it more. that way! Truthfully, I feel I almost overdosed on pure fun on this trip!
( lol- you all may find that funny when you read more of my account of this trip...)


~~~~~

We figured we would get home about 7:00 PM tonight. As it turned out we were a bit later because we had to stop and look at this! This spot (Lake Lockloousa) is a few miles north of our place ....We HAD to stop and enjoy this!



This equaled any WONDERS I have seen the past few days! And , why not! It was created by the same artist!

Enjoy!

Love from,

Junie

10 Comments:

At 7:16 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Sunsets are without doubt the most beautiful thing in the world June.

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi June
Look forward to reading about your trip. That Sunset is beautifull and well worthy of the stop.
Take care

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Oh,yes! We enjoyed that sunset and were both glad we had stopped! I got several pictures but found I had the camera set to high- so they are huge...too big to put on without some work on them! I printed -then scanned that one to get it on!

Will tell about the trip, gradually- after I go through my pictures!

Thanks for reading me- It will take a while to get caught up with all the blogs I've missed- but will try!

June

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Yes! Sunsets are all unique and perfect-each in it's own way! I never get tired of looking at them!

June

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Welcome back. Glad it was a good trip and the sunset picture is lovely..

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sue,

:) Yes, it was a fun trip!

....but wait 'til you hear "The REST of the Story!"

...(Something a little out of the ordinary!)

...but I will take it day by day! We saw some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen anywhere!

Junie

June

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, what great pictures....just beautiful. The colors...I could look at them all day. The foliage looked amazing Junie. Glad you and Charles are back safe and sound...but what a beautiful trip you had. I'll be watching for more...

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

That sunset was really something special !

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Granny said...

Caught up with your story and all your photos at once.

Absolutely beautiful. One of the few things I miss about my home state of New York is the changing of colors in autumn. Ours change but not nearly as much.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ann,

It's so good to be hearing from you again! Thanks for coming by and reading and looking about our trip!

I was thinking while riding through NC that there couldn't be a prettier place anywhere on earth!
;) But I'm sure all of the NE is just as beautiful!
I have been to Pa in the fall and it was grand, too!

We got lucky and hit this season at just the right time! It was perfect!

Hope you and your fam. are doing well!

(will catch up as soon as I can, with my blog reading.)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home