Junie's Place: Mittens

Monday, February 26, 2007

Mittens


"Mittens" deserves at least 'Honorable Mention'
in yesterday's visit to our kids in Orlando!

I am always amazed in the differences in personalities of cats!
Even the 2 we have are vastly different, so it can't be in the
environment in which they live but in each cat's own make-up!

This cat, though he has always been a housebound cat,
is quite independent and requires little from people.
(so it seems to me) He doesn't seem a cat who craves to
be cuddled! (as my Tiger does)
Though I'm sure Zach and his family
DO cuddle and pet
him sometimes!





Lol- I am just going by how Mittens takes to me!
( Or DOESN'T. I should say!)
I automatically want to reach out and touch any cat when I see one! Mittens has made it clear he does not welcome this contact from me! In fact, once got very adamant about it!
Since that time I just admire him from a distance!

To make matters worse...yesterday I accidentally stepped
on his foot! Though I realized in time to avoid putting my
wt. fully down...still, he was outraged by the whole thing and
let me know in quite a loud and angry voice. I later found
him in the bedroom and tried to apolagize- but he was
not yet ready to forgive me! :(

"Mittens" is a very attractive cat. I managed to get this cool
picture of him yesterday, though he refused to look at the camera!

This is, at least, the 3rd. similar black and white cat Zach has
had over the years! In almost 20 years a boy can get to know
a
lot of cats! Zach seems to prefer B &W cats with white feet! ;)

This is Zach and his cat, "Mittens!"


Love,

Ginga

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Well he is pretty, if not more than a little snooty...hehe!!
My Clarence think we are made to cuddle...lots of times it is difficult to comment because he thinks it's cuddle time!!
:-D

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Mittens is indeed a pretty cat. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit in Orlando!

I finally got around to updating my blogroll. I added you to the list. Hooray!!!! :)

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks JD,

Thanks for your compliment for Mittens-also for putting me on yer blogroll!

(I need to update mine, too!)


Junie

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Your Clarence looks a bit like Mittens, doesn't he?

Mittens is so beautiful- with the jet black against the whitest white!


Junie

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger J C said...

Hi Junierose. I linked here from Janet. Nice to meet you. I'm a FL gal too...on the Gulf Coast Tampa Bay area. Raised in Orlando, family still thereabouts. And my Dad lived in Ocala. Small world, huh? I explored your blogsite some. I LOVE cows!!! I'll be back!

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Mittens certainly is a very handsome cat...but Junie, how do you ever expect to be friends with him if you keep stepping on him??? LOL My son Shawn and his fiancee Wendy have 3 cats...the oldest one Trixie doesn't like me at all...I tried to pet her one day and she growled at me in that deep growl they emit when they're mad...yikes! And I didn't even step on her! LOL xoxo

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- ...B-B-BUT ... it was an accident!! And I DID say I was sorry - but he was having none of that! haha- Cats are such interesting animals!!


Junie

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judie,

I'm always happy to meet new folks here- especially someone who is a neighbor! This is really cool! :)

We have been to Tampa area music concerts (actually Clearwater) We saw Dan Fogelberg there 2 times in the past few years. (My husband and I) I also saw DF in Tampa with my daughter several years ago!

I'm happy you checked out my blogsite a little and found some things of interest. I went to yours just briefly and was sooo impressed with your talent in art! I will be back.

Thanks for visiting.

Junie

 
At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ginga,
Mittens really is an0. affectionate cat, and does like to cuddle. He just gets a little nervous when there are more than the 3 of us here. He also like to carry on a converstion. I will talk to him, and he talks back with a multitude of cat sounds. (He also goes great with the decor). We all had a great time yesterday.
Love,
Terry

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Terry,

Lol- I didn't know Mittens could talk! (my little hen LoveyDovey used to talk to me)

I agree he goes well with the decor there!

Zach should do some photos of Mittens. He'd look great on a red background- like your couch.

I like that one I got of him too!

We enjoyed the visit very much!

Love you guys,

Ginga

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Mittens is very handsome. I agree that cats have very different personalities. My two are so different; one is very lovey and the other one could care less.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family.

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

That is a very good-looking cat. ec

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Such a handsome boy! I love the black and white cats!!
He does look much like Clarence (Tammy's kitty)
Glad you had a good visit with your family..
:)

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for your visits-

Janet

Susie

Mreddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home