Junie's Place: Winter in Anthony

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Winter in Anthony






Last night's temps got low enough to do this damage to my yard plants!

The Azaleas were almost in full bloom...so I guess they're finished for the year! And the Poinsettia plants were damaged! Also the Impatiens and the Fern around the fish pond!

This is how they look today!

Spring just got a little too impatient and eager to 'get on with it!' ;(

Guess I better concentrate my efforts on these little house plants-for now- if I want flowers!



~~~

If you detect a little bit of discontent...maybe even a bit of depression- you are very observent of the moods of JunieRose!

Can't help it - and of course, it's not just these bitten back flowers ...
Rather, a general feeling of sadness from several different areas of my life!

~Of course-a nice, sunny day always helps~ I'll hope for tomorrow to be that kind of day!~



~A Poem~




The Sky Today


The sky, today,
is dark with clouds.
The sun is hidden well.
And though
I have the heat turned up,
the chill
I can’t dispel!
The gloomy day
has taken hold-
seems settled in to stay.
All things of cheer-
all sunny thoughts-
have all
been chased away!
…But is it just the
sunless day
that chills me to the core?
…Or fear that I have lost you -
will not see you anymore?


June Kellum
2004












Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:24 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Aww...cheer up sweet June Bug!!!
I've got a touch of da blues too...it helps to know spring is around the corner!!
:-D

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks-my little friend Tammy!

June Bug

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger someone else said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue. It seems to be settling over a lot of us. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Morning Glory,

...thanks for your kind thoughts and words...

Junie

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

(((Junie))) do like me and go get a tattoo to cheer yourself up! LOL I still can't believe I did it! hehe It all went well but now I'm really feeling the burning and stinging sensation. What a shame about your flowers:-( I know how frustrating that is, to see something so painstakingly taken care of, get ruined overnight. Loved your poem, you have such a wonderful way with words. Hugs xox

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Pea!

Just that suggestion and your enthusiasm for the tattoo brings a smile to my face! I think I'm too old to even consider a tattoo (I will be 66 in May!)

I hope it's not too painful for you, dear Pea. How soon will it be ready for viewing? I know it will be pretty!

As for my flowers-I was just disappointed about the Azaleas. They are something I look forward to every spring...not just in my yard but all over town... and country, too! Everybody has them, it seems. They are a shrub and don't require a lot of care...Usually planted in hedges or around trees- and -they just bloom once a year but usually put on quite a show!

Oh, well- LOL- I KNEW they were getting started too soon with the blooming! Cudda told them that!

About the poem- glad you liked it- It's just something I've always liked to do.

XOX

Junie

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie!
Sorry you're feeling blue..Anything we can do to cheer you up???
Sorry about your flowers..Mine look pretty bad too after that terrible freeze last month.
What's meant to be will be...
((hugs))

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Susie,

I'll be fine- have these ups and downs, you know!

Oh everything always comes back real quickly here...wasn't a hard freeze-just messed up the Azalas for this time , I think!

Take care

(hugs) Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home