Junie's Place: The Who concert

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Who concert



Yesterday was the day for that eagerly awaited WHO concert! Well, eagerly awaited by one of us and probably dreaded by the other one!

This concert was something I just never expected would happen for me! It was so out of my range of possible dreams, I didn't even consider it or pursue it , for myself! (My sweet daughter surprised us with the tickets, knowing how much I would love to see The Who)

We were ready to leave for Tampa yesterday morning by 11:00. Here are some pics before we left. These Who CDs I brought along to prepare Charles for the concert! :) He doesn't know their music at all.






We had a very pleasant trip down to Tampa. Charles, at least, didn't seem to mind that I played the WHO music as we were driving! (I wanted to play some of the songs that I knew would be on the set list for the show!) We took time to have lunch on the way, still got to the motel in plenty of time to rest up before the concert at 7:30 . I even took a nap!

I was doing this a lot all day yesterday, remembering all the good WHO music I had listened to the previous 2 nights and anticipating what was to come at the concert!

(A continuous smiley face!)








We got to the venue and, to my surprise , were allowed to bring the camera in! I didn't expect to be able to get very good pictures -we were far from the stage- but at least I could get some photos of the show -as mementos!

These first ones are as we were going in! We passed pretty close to the stage here and Charles got this of me with the stage behind! About this time a lady stopped and asked if he wanted her to take a picture of both of us! He said, "He** no! I don't want anyone to know I've been here!" (and laughed!-a joke of course) Another guy came by and offered the same- and I said, "Yes! Take our picture, please!" Charles also told this WHO fan in a WHO Tee shirt, that he (Charles) was there against his will! haha




Anyway- that was just Charles being 'Charles.'

It wasn't gonna keep me from having a good time! It didn't!!


The concert was loud and wonderful, from the first moment to the last! I was on my feet, as was everyone else (except C.) almost the whole time they were on stage! How could anyone sit still through a Who concert?

Hey! They did not disappoint me at all! It was a great show!

My pics are not good but want to show a few anyway- just to share in the thrill of it all!
...and you can see I was happy-yes?










I felt sad seeing them walk off the stage- knowing I will probably never have the chance to see a WHO concert again!



I was still bubbly with excitement as we made our way back to our car and saying how I wish it could have gone on and on for a few more hours! Charles said he could not have stood another minute of it and that no one could pay him a $1000.00 to get him to set through another Who concert!!

LOL- A little over the top, I thought!

Oh well! To each his/her own!

Sure would be nice to have a friend to go to concerts with me! :)



Junie
:)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I'm so glad you had a great time, Junie!! You look very happy. :)

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie....you got to hear them LIVE IN CONCERT!!! YIPPPPEEEEE! Sounds like a simply fabulous time and I would have been standing and dancing with the rest of you! I can just imagine Charles, though, wondering what all the fuss was about! LOL I lovedddddd all the pictures and yup, I'd say you looked pretty happy! hehe Have you come down from the cloud yet?? teehee xoxo

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

Yes!!

Happy! Happy!

Still am! :)

Junie

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes! A wonderful concert! Those guys are truly amazing!

How C. could just sit there is beyond me! :)

Oh , well! I had a great time anyway! I just let myself be caught up in the music!


Junie

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

If the WHO ever come back in town, take your daughter..... I'm happy you had such a great time... now go to BestAudioCodes.com and put on some WHO music.....on you blog....

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

I think this was probably my one and only time of seeing the WHO.

Those guys are getting old1 LOL- almost as old as me! But I am glad I got to see them!

Have never tried to put music on my blog- just links to Youtube
(maybe I'll try it!)


Junie

 
At 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

June! This blog is SO COOL!!! What a wonderful thing your daughter did for you and charles -- even if he didn't appreciate it!!! I would go to any concert with you -- anywhere -- i love stuff like this!!! Well, maybe not the who so much but if i was educated i could learn! Anyway, i'm glad you had a good time and you look fabulous! And when you come back to earth -- check out msn.com and the elton john concert from last night. it was awesome -- and i hope i get good pictures for you of rod on friday!!!!!

bonnie!

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger someone else said...

I'm soooo glad your dream came true. It looks like you had a fabulous time.

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Bonnie,

Yes it was a very nice thing for Tina to do for us-and I enjoyed it enough for both Charles and me! :) It's just that he has never been a Rock music fan -and that's ok-

Yes- I do wanna check out that Elton John cocert when I get some time! Thanks.

YES!!! Hope you do get some pics and hope you have a great time at that show!

Junie

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Morning Glory,

Thanks so much.

Yes, I had a grand time!

Junie

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, You look one very excited lady Have you come down to earth yet. lol
So pleased you got there early and had a rest before you went to see WHO. Nice pics.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hi Jeanette,

Yes- it was a very exciting time for me and I just wished it could go on and on!:)

Thanks for looking at my pics- I'm glad I got them to remember the evening!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home