Junie's Place: A nice visit

Friday, March 23, 2007

A nice visit







Our company left a little while ago for the trip back to Panama City. It was nice having them here . Brothers Charlie and Odell enjoyed visiting together and talking of old times. (Times of life on the farm, growing up in Alabama.) I, for the most part, left it to Charles to show the guys around our place and keep them entertained. ;)

Charles did steaks on the grill last night-and I did the side dishes. Nothing fancy- just baked potatoes, cole slaw and baked beans...and garlic toast. There were 7 of us at dinner. (Charles, and me-son Chris, SIL Marc , granddaughter Alli and our special guests-Odell and his son Caesar.)

Everyone enjoyed the meal.

Thanks Charlie!

Pictures:

  • Charles & Odell
  • Charles & June ( ok- that's my rumpled look! haha)
  • Chris
  • Ceasar
  • Marc & Alli
  • Charles and his steak dinner, ready!


~~~
BTW- Some of the Kellum Farm stories can be found by clicking on link in labels "Farm Life of the Past."
~~~

A nap seems to be calling me and I think I will try the bed upstairs. While preparing it for guests I tried it out and found it very comfortable!

Yes! I am still fighting that soft bed we have! I never feel rested after sleeping on that bed!
I
have to find a solution! I'm at the point where I actually dread going to bed to try and sleep!

~~~

Looking forward to that WHO show on Sunday! Can't wait!!

I plan to do some WHO listening tonight just to get me worked up good - and into my WHO mood! ;)

Now- a little nap is in order!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:12 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Now that's what I call a greattttt dinner!! Does Charlie deliver?? lol Such wonderful pictures, it's always lovely to see family get together and reminisce about the old days:-) Hope you were able to have your nap...I haven't been sleeping well at all lately and have no idea why! xox

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,


LOL- Thanks...no , Charlie doesn't deliver as far as Canada! Sorry.

The guys sure did have a lot of fun with their old memories of days of old! I'll probably come up with some new stories out of it all!

I DID go up and take a short nap! And I feel a little better for it!

Junie

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Well I am back after having Peter here for a visit, which
we both enjoyed. I got behind with reading and comments. I love your staghorn fern, and I am so glad you had a nice visit with your company.
Guess there were lots of laughs and
talking. There was ere with just Peter and me. I hope you get your sleeping better, as it helps so much.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

I'm sure you and your brother had a nice visit together and that he had a lot to tell you about his travels and all the friends and family he had seen.

Thanks for coming by.

Tomorrow we go for the WHO concert again !


June

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You must really be someone important if you had Caesar over for dinner.
LOVE that name!
So very royal.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi JD,

LOL- Of course I'm important-you know I am!! :)
( Junie being silly! )

That IS an unusual name... I don't think I've ever known anyone else with that name.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home