Junie's Place: My Generation

Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Generation

'World's Oldest Rock Stars' ~ Fun Video!







...and more...
~~~

I got this in an E-mail recently.
I think they're trying to tell me something...my family and friends...
with all these E-mails on aging! :)


~~~


Recently, I was diagnosed with

A. A. A. D. D.


Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder



This is how it develops:



I decide to water my garden.


As I turn on the hose, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.


As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.


I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.


I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.


So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.


But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox, when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.


I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the study to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.


I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.


As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.


I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.


I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.


I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote Someone left it on the kitchen table.


I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.


I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.


Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

~~~

At the end of the day:


----the car isn't washed,


----the bills aren't paid,


----there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,


----the flowers don't have enough water,


----there is still only 1 check in my check book,


----I can't find the remote,


----I can't find my glasses,


----and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.



Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.


I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.


Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent.



Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.




GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.



LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.



P.S I just remembered.



I LEFT THE WATER RUNNING IN THE DRIVEWAY!



Love,
Junie

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 4:18 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Not only is my mind going June but my eyesight must be too... because I didn't once see you following me around all day.

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ This is a great joke, and it is so easy to start one thing and get side-tracked etc. Getting old isn't great fun, but it sure beats the alternative!!
Thanks for your comments, you always say such nice things. Take care June,
Love, Merle.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Skye said...

This is me ALREADY, Junie!! I am completely serious! It's amazing I ever accomplish anything!

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Oh my oh my.....someone's been implanting video cameras around my yard and in my home!!!

This is ME!!!

[thanks for the lovely comment on my new blog template I finished putting up.]

Have a day that is blessed Junie!!

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

Well, it's good to know that I am not alone in this disorder! ;)


June

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,


You're right. I guess we all do those things (in this joke) (Or get sidetracked and don't do much of anything :) )

I liked that video, tho! Maybe I should join that band! haha!


June

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

I guess we all are that way sometimes!
I found the joke funny-eventhough it zoomd right in on my problem! :)

Junie

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Anni,

:) well, it's ME TOO- so you are not alone!

LOL- but wasn't that band fun!
Those folks were having a good time!

I wanna be just like them when I 'grow up!' hee hee!!

Junie

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I enjoyed that video...it brought a big grin to my face...thanks!
You are only as old as you feel ;)

 
At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina would say that is me ginga. Just because I have gray hair, and that I'm OLD!!!. I know I'm not old, I just look it.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Early Bird!

Well-GOOD! Because some days I feel about 16! heehee

I LOVED seeing that video! :)


Junie

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Marc- No! Yer not old...besides-you and Tina are the same age-right?


Ginga

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home