Junie's Place: Update of our day-

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update of our day-


Family and friends,

We spent several hours with Tina this afternoon and I am happy to be able to report that she is much improved and will probably be able to come home tomorrow. And if so, she and Alli will most likely stay here with us for a couple of days. .. to the weekend, anyway. I'm sooo relieved that she has done this well!

~~~

We stayed until Alli and her girlfriend came up, after school...and they were to stay for awhile.( tho, not too late on this school night) This friend is with Alli while Tina is in the hospital-and Alli drives herself and her friend to school!

When we left-
Charles and I decided to get dinner out-as it was already late. We decided to eat at 'Cracker Barrel.' I like going there- not just for the good country style food but also for the neat things they have in the shop! I like to look and shop, especially during the holiday seasons...fall thru Christmas! I bought a few things to add to my Halloween guys!

See below:

(A couple of them are for my 2 girls)
I like the vintage-paper-mache' look pumpkin head boy and girl!

They're all cute-cute-cute! ;) AND they were on sale for cheap!


~~~






















It was just before sunset as we made our way back home. I had Charles pull over a few times so as to try and capture the beautiful evening sky...before-during and after the sunset! Our road home takes us south and to my right was this glorious light show that claimed my full attention! And at my request we got off the express-way and turned west in search of a better view.

I love every moment of it...the brilliance as the sun falls beyond the horizon- the way the dark clouds have the red and gold and silver outlines...the way the sun-as we travel over the twists and turns of the road- keeps playing a peek-a-boo game until finally the big gold ball falls beyond our view! I love the way the whole sky is then turned every pastel shade of pink and blue and purple and gold and silver... Not just the western sky, where the sun finally sets- but the whole sky has these soft, pastel, colors!

This feels like a magical time to me and I can't think of anything that brings me more pleasure than the sunset hour!













( Click pics to enlarge )



Not to be out done...

LOOK at this full moon that came up just as the spectacular show to the west was ending!

Perfect ending to this day!












Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 11:32 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Your pictures knock me out Junie....so beautiful. I could look at them forever....those gorgeous skies.

Yay for Tina....so happy she's doing so well. What a nice visit you'll all have knowing she's over the worst part.

I LOVE those paper mache pumpkins....oh, they are so cute. I swear we're sisters Junie.

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I've been moon gazing too. Lovely.

Glad to hear the good news about Tina.

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Neat sunset pics. Yeah the moon has been spectacular. It''s been almost too bright to look at.
The pumpkin people look like a 'family' photo of us.
Glad the patient is progressing.
What a tough operation day you and she must have had.
Sorry about your pet. Having a wife in the 'grooming and boarding' business for 30 plus years I've witnessed a lot of painful tales as folks explain to Marilyn about their little friends. They are so very loyal and such good companions.
I also loved the fall pictures from last years trip. Blessings on you and Charles.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your visits!

I'm happy you enjoyed the sunset and moon pics.

Junie

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ i am so very happy to hear of Tina's good recovery after such a big operation and you must be so relieved. And I am sorry about your little dog, but if she was suffering, you did the right thing.
Look after yourself, my friend. Love,
Merle.

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Merle.


Love,

Junie

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

So glad to hear Tina is improving!

I love Cracker Barrel as you know...I have to make myself wait till I'm finished eating to browse their shop...lol!

I love your sky and moon shots...very pretty!!

Love & Hugs to you today!
:)

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Yes- I know what you mean about it being hard to wait to get into the browsing! :)

Hugs)))


Junie

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Love your paper mache pumpkin people. Your photos of the sunset and moon are so beautiful. It's one of my favorite things to capture on film too..
Great news about Tina!
xo

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,

Those Halloween pumpkin figures are real cute, I thought. They're not really papier mache' but they have the look of old papier mache' pieces.

...The sunset was just beautiful yesterday- and so was that huge full moon!

...Tina's out of hospital- will be here for a couple days until she feels a little more recovered.

Hugs))

Junie

 
At 1:35 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Gorgeous sky pics!!!!!

Whenever I'm in Cracker Barrel, I'm always impressed by the low prices for such neat items. I got some Christmas decorations a couple of years ago that were 75% off. I used them on our trees this past Christmas. What a bargain that was!!!!

It is so good to read that Tina has recovered well and she and Alli will stay with you awhile.
I enjoyed your autumn photos below, especially the one of you with the tree behind you.
Very lovely.
Take care and tell Tina your blog buddies are wishing her well - especially your HICK blog buddy from AR... Jamie Dawn!!!! :-)

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

Thanks for your visits- here and the above posts, too.

...Well you probably know how I love the SKY - in all it's faces- by now. This was an especially beautiful ending to this day!

Yep- Cracker Barrel is a great place for holiday stuff! I keep adding to my collections every year.

I LOVE Autumn...We had such a good time on that trip last fall to NC-I just had to bring back some of those photos again. Wish we could have gone again this year.

Thanks for your good thoughts for Tina. I had her read this comment post. She appreciates it. She's feeling a little better each day so I feel sure she'll be back to normal before long.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home