Junie's Place: End of another day-Sept 25, 2007

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

End of another day-Sept 25, 2007



Some Autumn color from my last shopping trip!


Hey Folks,


We went to spend some time with Tina this afternoon. She's already up and walking ...seems determined to get back as soon as possible. We stayed until Alli came up after school . She wanted to stay for a few hours with her mom. Both of the boys live there in Gainesville so they will be around as often as they can, also. She has been told she probably can come home on Thursday- I hope so! ...so I am trying to relax and let things work out...

* Thanks so much for all of your concern.*

~~~ Hint of fall in the air- even here! It has turned just a little bit cooler-especially late in the evening! :) ...Well- no color change is expected here...as you all probably know! Still roses blooming at our place. Here we are as we started out for the hospital today.


And as we walked out to go to the truck we spied a really spectacular sight in the front yard, on each side of the driveway! There were at least 30 of these mushrooms...I know nothing about them-( names-etc) except that they pop up just any where. They always make me think of fairies and gnomes and all those types of little creatures!

:) ( Several blog girls have had close encounters with some of these little folk this summer...myself included!)

...SOOOO- naturally, as I took some pictures I was ever watchful...hoping I might see a Fairy or a Gnome or an elf...Or even a bad old Troll! But - at mid-day they were not about!













~~~

After we returned home I again had a look at the mushroom patch!

To my great surprise...look who I saw lurking there!




Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At 10:31 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Pretty roses!! Pretty mushrooms too and that strange creature you found!! Wow!! I hope you captured it!!

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Actually- I thought I'd just let him roam...

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger Skye said...

As a child, I used to look - quite seriously! - under those mushrooms, hoping to spot a fairy or two! An overactive imagination, and read too many Enid Blyton books, I guess! (Enid Blyton was a British children's author who frequently wrote stories about fairy folk, gnomes, etc). Even now, those mushrooms hold a little bit of magic for me! How lovely for you to see them all over your lawn!

 
At 11:32 PM , Blogger Skye said...

P.S. Glad Tina seems to be recovering well!

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh...What a Darling Gnome....(That is a Gnome, isn't it? Well, it looks like a Gnome to me, as opposed to a Fairy...)

These Mushrooms are Beautiful...And on first glance, it almost looks like those Sea Urchins....You know? The ones you find under the water in the sea....!

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

Glad you enjoyed seeing the mushrooms. ;) It was a pretty neat looking scene!

...and we're all thankful Tina came through the operation but it will be awhile yet before she's over all this.


Junie

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hello Naomi,

:) yes, he is a gnome-and a Gator Fan!!

Those mushrooms popping up like that really were a sight to see!! I had never seen so many in one spot and I, too, find them very beautiful! And you're right - they do bring Sea Urchins to mind.

Thanks for visiting.


Junie

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm so glad to hear that Tina is doing so much better already...considering the length of her surgery, isn't it amazing that she's already walking around!! I've always said where there's mushroom there has to be faeries or gnomes:-) Glad you decided to check the mushroom patch on your return and that Mr. Gnome let you take his picture! hehe xox

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Glad Tina is doing so well.
That gnome doesn't seem as shy as some I've noticed around my garden :)
xo

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Pea,

Yes, it's amazing the advances that have been made in the medical field.
She will be able to come home tomorrow.

Yep! I surprised that little gnome guy! :)


xox
Junie

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Susie,

:) yes- that little guy was very friendly- with a nice smile and twinkle in his eyes!

:) maybe he just felt a kindship with us because he knew we are Gator fans too!

Hugs))

Junie

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

So glad to hear the news about Tina! I pray she has a rapid recovery!

LOL...I thought the mushrooms looked like a "Smurf village" and look there is Papa Smurf!!
:)

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Junie ~ Love the little Travelocity Nome! Cute set-up! ~ jb///

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

:) happy you enjoyed the mushroom display and that little gnome guy...

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JB,

Thanks! :)


Junie

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

We have been in Tesas with the older daughter and I'm just now catching up on blogs. Glad Tina is doing well and my hopes are for a quick recovery. ec

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mr.Eddie,

She's doing well , so far- Has a way to go yet, but I think she'll be fine!

Hope you enjoyed your visit with the kids. I'm behind wit my blog reading too, but hope to get back into it soon.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home