Junie's Place: Remembering my little Nappy Boy!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Remembering my little Nappy Boy!



This is my little poodle planter after I got some flowers put in! He looks happy - yes? He's serving as a center piece on our dining table for now!
LOL - Yes, I know! Probably not suitable to some but it pleases me for now!

~~~

I didn't realize when I bought this planter/poodle yesterday (except-maybe deep down) that this little guy reminds me a lot of my little poodle , Napoleon - 'Nappy Boy,' as he became known ... Or, 'Nap-Nap,' to me!

He was all MY little dog ...so very loyal to me! He has been gone for more than 20 years now- and died at just 5 years of age. He died while we were away on a trip to TN to see the grand kids and I blamed myself for leaving him with other members of the family in Miami. He had a stroke...
I felt I shouldn't have left him... Always felt that if I had been there it wouldn't have happened. (I think the stress caused his death)

OK - For non-dog lovers I'm sure this sounds silly- especially after all these years - but I can't help it!
( and you all know me well enough by now to know I go with whatever emotions I'm feeling)

This little poodle reminds me of my 'Nap-Nap' of long ago!

~~~

Some pics of Nappy...


















...just remembering...


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Love you poddle planter and i can understand how you feel we also lost our dog while away for a few days a few years ago, but he was 10 and unexpected.Take care ill be back soon to read what ive missed.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ I love the pictures of you and Charles and your little dog. So
sad that he died so young. Your yard sale one is nice with the flowers in it. Tjanks for your comments. Glad
Tina is doing well. Take care,
Love, Merle.

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

The centerpiece is so pretty. Sorry about your little doggie that died while you were vacationing. I can understand you thinking it might have been stress related. It might have been. Those dogs love their masters! I'd sure be thinking the same thing, but then again, who knows? Just one of those mysteries.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Thanks for coming by. That was a long time ago but it still makes me sad, remembering.

LOL- Quite a difference in Chas. and I - 20 + years ago!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for your understanding comments!

Happy yer back, too! Come visit when you can.

Junie

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks! I like that little doggie too- although it did bring back some sad memories for me.

Junie

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Losing a pet is hard, whether by death or just having to part ways as Clarence and I had to do. I did not realize how much I "talked" to him. I know that probably sounds weird...anyhow, it's back to talking to myself, LOL!

Have a good day!

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Yes, it is always hard to lose them- however it happens...so I've decided after the pets I have now are gone I don't want to have any more. A new concept because we have ALWAYS had dogs and cats- usually several of each! But I've been through all the joys- AND -all the sorrows and don't want to do it any more.

-We're winding down...

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Memories are a wonderful part of life - maybe even the sad ones - and they can be brought back at any time to enjoy all over again. ec

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I had a little toy poodle the same color as your Nappy Boy. She died in 2004 and was 15 yrs. old. I know how you feel about the tragic events of his death. I felt guilty leaving our little PJ until we found this wonderful kennel that she actually loved...well she loved the lady who let her wander freely after her. That made us feel much better about leaving her.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Mr Eddie,

and you're right-our memories are always with us (more good ones than bad)

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for visiting, Sandy.

I've read some of your mentions of your little PJ on your blog.

I guess one reason it was so hard for me , losing this one, was because he had lived such a few years!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home