Junie's Place: Rush Baby

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rush Baby



Charles was keeping this little Santa Gertrudis bull for the neighbor ... the one who sold him Gertrude recently. The neighbor had in mind butchering this fine bull in a few months and asked Charles to keep him and feed him until the right time!

Well...C. decided he'd like to have him so made a deal to buy him... to start breeding some purebred cows. He thinks he'll grow into a good bull for breeding purposes. We'll see as time goes on...
Charles will eventually need to sell Big John- if this young bull works out!

I'm concerned that this young bull may be intimidated by the older bull and will not become aggressive in his behavior...;0 We'll just have to see how it works out...but he won't be ready to be 'useful' for a year or longer, anyway.

(At least, for now, he's saved from some one's BBQ grill!)


ok- Here is a picture of our new bull.

Charles named him 'Rush Baby' after his favorite talk-radio show host!






~~~

You may have noticed I've been working at getting my side bar back in order- with my blog links showing. I still have a few to go but will get it all worked out soon. I hope I don't miss anyone!

As for the picture slides... I guess I can't move them so they will soon be fading away into my past posts- lost to future readers who venture into Junie's Place! LOL- I wanted to have them on the side so you would all be enticed into watching them - over and over! haha!! Oh, well!!


Hope you've all had a good day.


Junie

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 10:56 PM , Blogger Margaret said...

Lovely bull.
Lyle used to breed Santa's when he was on the land. One of his friend's sons has the offspring from his breeders. I am so happy to be able to read and post once more.
Cheers Margaret

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

With the choice of the name and the reason for it, your husband just jumped several notches higher in my 'favorite people' list.

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Charles saved that little bull, so I hope it repays him in time to come. Thanks for your comment and glad you enjoy the posts. Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Margaret,


I'm so glad things finally are working out with your computer woes!
It's good to see you here again!

Yes, the little Bull, Rush, is a handsome guy! Hope he works out well for us. So you have had cattle in your past? Lol- I'm always afraid of boring ppl with my farm stories... :).. however, I just write about what ever is happening around here- boring or not! haha

Have fun with your blogging, Margaret!

Junie

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Yes, I'm happy he decided to buy the bull- and I DO hope he works out well so he can keep him.

I hope things are well with you today and I will visit later.

Love,

June

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

What a nice thing to say!
Thanks.


Junie

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I don't know about you but I love to get in there and tweek around with my side bar...lol!

I can see the picture in the post below here now! Very lovely!

Love & Hugs!!

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Well, I always manage to mess up when I try to do anything behind the scenes! That's mainly why I haven't tried to change my template or do any of the fancy stuff.

LOL- I was pleased when I learned to do the slide show- but then I wanted to put it on the side- smaller- so it would remain available- and that's when I messed up. (so I guess I'll just have to let my slides fade away into the past! :)

I had one person tell me (in a private chat) that it took the slides a long time to load. Has that been true for you? For me - on the blog- they are always ready to show!

I'm glad you were finally able to see my latest fall desktop pic! I have found FIREFOX works better for me than any other browser. I have no trouble with things loading - and fast!

LOL- hope you see this. It should have been in an email, I guess!


Junie

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I had to move Pea's blog over to Fire Fox because of all the commercial video's she posted yesterday...until they get out of the post rotation I'll just leave it over there because it just takes forever to load in Internet Explorer. So, yes, from my experience too many of them can make it harder to load.

Love & Hugs

 
At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree --Rush Is a very handsome young animal. Charles may really be on to something with the breeding end of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home