Junie's Place: Dan Fogelberg~ goodbye, Dear Dan

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dan Fogelberg~ goodbye, Dear Dan

I just got news from my sister that our beloved Dan Fogelberg passed away today.

Here is the story and there's lots more out there. This is the first account I found so I'm posting it!


~~~

Singer-Songwriter Dan Fogelberg Dies


By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY – 1 hour ago


NEW YORK (AP) — Dan Fogelberg, the singer and songwriter whose hits "Leader of the Band" and "Same Old Lang Syne" helped define the soft-rock era, died Sunday at his home in Maine after battling prostate cancer. He was 56.


Please read the story here~



Those of you who know me  or have read my writings over the past couple of years will know how deeply saddened I am with this news.


As I mentioned just yesterday on my blog - Dan's Christmas music has become a tradition  with me, and I had linked to a site to share  some of it with you, my friends here!  I had plans to play  his Christmas cd tonight...and I will do that , still... but with tears! 


I'm sorry I can't get my thoughts together so I will go for now.


Junie 





Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Ohhhh... I'm sad too, Junie. I also love Dan Fogelberg, and I was afraid this was going to happen.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for coming by, Skye!

I will miss Dan more than I can say!

...hurts to know there will be no new music... although his music can live on through his fans!

Junie

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger someone else said...

I'm so sorry to read this. I hadn't heard this news. He had some beautiful recordings, my favorite being "Longer" and "A Love Like This".

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

MG,

Thanks for coming by.

Yes, DF gave us some very beautiful songs over the years. I will miss him greatly.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

early detection is the key, every man should have a prostate PSA test. So sad.

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for commenting here!

Yes- early detection is the key-

I urge all my family and friends to be tested!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home