Junie's Place: Another late evening...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another late evening...


This late evening- after dinner- (earlier this week) once again found me in my yard...'Taking Care of Business'... feeding my cats and dogs ...etc...

Took my usual walk around the yard with my camera.

Just a few more shots of my flowers and then I'll give it a rest! I promise! :)

This blue flower is the one whose name escaped me the last time I posted about it! ....Well- it's called 'Plumbago' and is an excellent landscape plant for Florida. It's used a lot in plantings along expressways! It blooms almost year round, so is very desirable.

Charles bought me 5 of these for Mother's Day- and we planted them on the east side of our house. Some roses we had there died from lack of watering! These will do better I'm sure! They are an attractive and very showy plant with their abundant blooms!
I like the way they look against the bricks!

















I once again admired the Mimosa in bloom!

This is one flowering tree I loved when we first started coming to this area way back in the 70s .


This tree didn't grow in Miami, where we lived for so many years!

... It just had great appeal for me right from the start and I still like it as much as ever, after living here 20 years now!

My mom loved it too and I always think of her when I see it in bloom!


(Not that I need much prompting to think of Mom!)


These little flowers she loved a lot too! So do I! They are called '4 o'clock' and only bloom out in late afternoon or on cloudy, overcast days! They are very fragrant and attract humming birds! These plants die back in winter but always come back the next late spring! The flowers are interesting , as they can be mixed colors on the plants; some yellow, some pink! In fact, the individual flowers can have the combined colors!




I also have a very light pink one- but it's growing in another spot and doesn't have the blended colors! I want to keep it pure in it's color, so I'm glad it came up where it did!

I guess these are a wild flower...but I like them a lot! So they are here to stay!

~~~

This day I found my 2 cats doing their thing in the yard...keeping watch on the whole place!

'Tiger' had the front yard covered...





















...while 'General' patrolled the fairy/herb garden in back!



















So it goes at Junie's Place! ;)



Love,

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have such Sentries looking after the beautiful flowers that adorn your yard. The little fairy knows there is nothing to fear with General on duty.

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger dot said...

I like the plumbago, especially since you said it has a long blooming time. I have some 4 oclocks but they sure do grow tall. Maybe I'm not doing something right. lol

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Lovely post Junie - flowers AND kitties! Love that blue bloom.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies.


Mary-

yer right! General and Tiger serve us well! The little fairy girl and all her friends are safe with them on patrolling! :)

Dot-

yes those 4 o'clocks DO grow tall for me too! I really don't do much except to let them grow as they wish! :) Maybe they should be pruned but I usually just let them go. I love the smell of them in the late afternoon!

Carletta-

Nothing much better than flowers and kitties! :)

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Thanks for the name, "plumbago"
I just posted a picture of these flowers and didn't know their name. I like them because they come up year after year (and multiply) on their own. No weeding in between them as they crowd out even those pesky weeds. I love all of your flower pics and especially your kitties.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Sally said...

The plumbago is soooo pretty!! I love it, and don't have any. To rectify that, I'll go over to my sis-in-law's house and get me some. Nearly everything I have in my yard came from hers!! :)

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sandy

And

Sally,


Happy you like the Plumbago picture> Isn't that a pretty blue!!


Thanks for looking.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home